Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Game of Thrones (HBO) TV Show • Page 581

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Mar 9, 2016.

1. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

They executed someone important to her. That was the ‘snap point’. She felt rejected as a leader, as a lover, she had two of her ‘kids/dragons’ die, the kingdom killed her father and a majority of her family. She spent 8 seasons working towards something, and it didn’t go as planned.

They kind of needed to fully unleash the dragons. I think people are upset because they have been fond of her character.

People also grew to like Jamie. He was an addict (addicted to his sister), and in the end he lost his battle to his addiction instead of being the hero. He also had the Dragon Slayer weight on his shoulders, and the Lannister name too. He failed overcome his struggles, but was able to except who he was right before he died.

Donnie Ruth and smowashere like this.
  2. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

She also straight told the dude that wanted to re open the fighting pits that she would burn that whole city down if she had to

.K. likes this.
  3. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I always hate when someone’s dismissal of criticism is “they just didn’t do what you wanted them to do.” It’s especially ironic to try to pull it with this show, where the most lauded moments are when they kill off beloved characters.

I’ve never been particularly fond of dany’s character. They just did a horrible job of building up whatever they thought they were building up with her. She was only ever brutal towards her explicit opponents, and in that sense she’s no different from 90% of the characters. A key part of her whole arc was that she wanted to free the world of tyrants, which she had been doing nearly the entire series. Her feeling isolated and things not going exactly her way =/= her turning up the viciousness to 11 towards people she had *never* previously wanted to harm.

4. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

5. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

If Jamie's story is about him failing to overcome his vices and past, then show him doing that. Make it about that. Spend time dramatizing his vices and past overtaking his growth.

If Dany's isolation, vengefulness, and power lust drive her mad enough to snap and kill innocent people, show how she makes that connection. Why it's justified in her mind when, whatever her many faults are previous to that moment, she is willing to breach an unforgivable line. Even if you want to explain that away as her being """"mad"""" then I don't know what's psychologically interesting about that.

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

“In the tv version”, you don’t think the result of that battle was something they discussed with Martin. Also Martin said this season is going to be close to how to books end.. so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I thought they did a great job with Jamie, he started out pushing Bran off the tower and in the end went to fight off White Walkers.

But his relationship with his sister (and really in a different way his brother) were his weakness. He had chances to rid himself of Cersei, and over and over again he collapsed and went back to her. They showed his vices (he was banging his sister). They showed their children. When it felt the war was changing him, he went back and got his sister pregnant. He was a an addict and it killed him. He was aware when he left Brienne after defeating the White Walkers. He was away, he had done good, but had to go back.

He also had his soft spot for his brother. Even when they had to be enemies, even when he killed his father, Jamie couldn’t act.

Put him in battle, he was supposedly amazing. With family, no so. I think his character was one of the most well explored on the show because his environment constantly changed. He was a soldier, a son, a brother, a sister lover, a warrior, a prisoner, a man of power, a captive, a swordsman, a defeated man when he lost his hand, a father, a friend, a Lannister, and on and on.

He didn’t have long terms goals or aspirations. He went along with everyone else plans. He just wanted to be with his sister.

I think he was the most real character on the show. No magic or mystery. He just wanted to be loved as a person (by everyone). It was impossible though. He couldn’t even be a father to his own kids. He couldn’t live down killing the king, even though he had to do it supposedly because he had gone mad.

Also, the father burning down the city was massive foreshadowing to what his daughter would later do (for the show).

8. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’d assume the books would have gone a similar course, but I’ve only watched the show, and even if they discussed things with Martin, it doesn’t mean he has to adhere to anything.

Really, TV has different needs for storytelling.

teebs41 likes this.
  9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This post is a pretty good summary of why Jaime is my favorite character in the show

10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I agree that it does, but I think those big points.. like defeating the night king and who kills him would be the same..

11. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

12. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Foreshadowing isn’t dramatizing. You’re not wrong about Jamie’s character, but the issue is with him going back to Cersei and Dany burning everything, is that they didn’t spend any time showing why in this circumstance, those choices weigh more than all their other values

13. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I’m stoked but equally anxious about the last episode tonight. A lot has got to happen fairly quickly to tie up any ends.

14. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Entire episode will be discussions between different characters on now to handle Dany, and the final scene is all the characters walking into a room with briefcases while she sits next to a judge on the stand, the Law & Order *DUN DUN* plays and we fade to black.

The world loses its collective shit.

This would be the worst idea for a finally ever so I’m excited because I know it won’t actually be as bad as what I’ve babbles about above

OotyPa likes this.
  15. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I can't wait to watch the internet burn tonight

16. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I was totally fine with John not killing the Night King. It would have been to convenient.

I wouldn’t be surprised though if the relationships on set between Maisie and the actor/student coordinator influenced the decision to have it be Arya. I do think having a throw away sister joke between Sansa and Arya about “adding the Night King” to the list would have been a nice set up.

Arya was fine though, for the assassin side of her character. I think it would have been cool had Tormund be the one some how. It was really the Wildlings North of the wall who had to do deal with them the most.

17. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Watched Joffrey die last night.
    That is such a good episode. His scene with Tyrion and the wine cup still makes me cringe.

David87 likes this.
  18. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

SO READY FOR TONIGHT!!!

19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

A new gif has emerged from the boxing match last night and it’s about to be a lot of us tonight when shit goes down

20. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

BirdPerson and DickyCullz like this.
  21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I wonder if this will be packed to the gills like some episodes that covered a ton of ground or if it will be mostly tightly tied into a smaller scale like episode 2 or the season 7 finale. There’s too much to really tie up everything, so I wonder if they will just stick to a limited number of people and stories.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’m assuming there’s gonna be a lot of quick scenes, and a lot of jumping around to other places. I just don’t see how they’re gonna tie things up esp with such a shorter than last weeks runtime. Still stoked to see it play out.

23. Can anyone verify the rumor that tonight’s episode is suddenly four minutes shorter?

I keep seeing that along with Kit having to not attend his own fundraiser event because HBO made him fly out to LA or some shit

24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I also heard about four minutes being cut or changed but I haven’t found any actual information about it. I can’t imagine what would have happened to cause any change so close to airtime, much less something so major.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  25. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Live four minute final scene confirmed

EASheartsVinyl and CarpetElf like this.