Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Game of Thrones (HBO) TV Show • Page 571

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Mar 9, 2016.

1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I think she's the only noble left that is of age and isn't a new ruling family.

Edmure you could make the case for I suppose. But Robyn, Gendry, whoever is the new family in the Reach, new Prince of Dorne, and Tyrion is the presumed lord of the Westerlands now. Sansa is probably the best combo of most "well liked" and most capable of ruling out of all those people at this point. AND she'd presumably have Bran at her side, who would make her an extremely effective ruler.

2. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Umm...BRAN For Master of Whispers duh

Arya and Brienne belong on the Queensgard obviously

coleslawed and BirdPerson like this.
  3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Having read The World of Ice and Fire, NO. I am convinced there are no good islands out there that aren't already civilized. All the non-civilized ones are terrifying and they will all die.

I know you were kidding but still lol

coleslawed likes this.
  4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m howling at the idea of Edmure being on the throne. He might as well not even exist.

5. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

My money is literally on Arya and Brienne vs anything else remaining in the world sans Drogon so even in this joke scenario my case stands

David87 likes this.
  6. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I don’t think it’s odd behavior to read actor interviews. I’ve been doing that from the start, and I do that with every show that I’m invested in. I agree that there’s a lot of fan entitlement, but to be frank, people are disappointed so what can you expect? The entire country was flipping a shit when The Sopranos ended the way it did. As for the petition, its silly and useless and i dont think anyone actually expects it to make a difference. I lol’d when I saw it had nearly 500,000 signatures though. Maybe I’m just speaking for myself here.

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Bran isn't interested in titles or government or anything like that, he'd advise her but he wouldn't want to have a formal title most likely. Arya's place is out in the field, not standing guard in court. and Brienne is the only advisor Sansa trusts. She'd probably be a hybrid hand/Lord Commander of the Queensguard though.

David87 likes this.
  8. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah I can’t see them ending it with a singular character ending up on the throne. That’s a pretty weak way to leave off narratively speaking. Haha. “Great, we knocked out SOME of the bad guys but now we’re good...until someone else poisons the queen or starts a war to take over.” I also don’t think it would feel satisfying to just leave it open-ended with a power vacuum but who knows.

MyBestFiend likes this.
  9. Anthony_

The last shot of the series will be of a wheel of some kind turning. It'll be as subtle as the rat at the end of The Departed.

10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Aww man, and I haven’t thought about that trash ending in like a month.

11. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

i mean, you know, the wheel is turning and it can't slow down, you can't let go and you can't hold on, you can't go back and you can't stand still and if the fire dont get you then the dragon will :shrug:

dylan likes this.
  12. Anthony_

Won't Jon try just a little bit harder
    Couldn't Jon try just a little bit more

dylan and Wharf Rat like this.
  13. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

i love it when a bit comes together

dylan and Anthony_ like this.
  14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

reading actor interviews is different behavior than reading into facial cues of press interviews on a red carpet in video format

15. Anthony_

coleslawed and Wharf Rat like this.
  16. Davjs

Trusted

Opening scene: Two hands bound together, close up. Slow pan out, you see Tyrion with a noose around his neck. Quick cut to Dany cutting the rope with a Valerian dagger. No dialogue spoken. Tyrion hangs for his crimes for setting Jaime free with all in silence as his body slowly drifts back and forth on the line.

My hope for this Sunday.

17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

That would literally burn the internet down lol

I think there is a danger he gets got tho....Dany not gonna be happy with him. Just not sure if she lives long enough to do anything about it.

Davjs likes this.
  18. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Why wouldn’t she just burn him instead

coleslawed, GrantCloud and Davjs like this.
  19. tvck

Trusted

20. Davjs

Trusted

Wouldn't make the internet as mad.

GrantCloud, OotyPa and David87 like this.
  21. Davjs

Trusted

Since the characters have all had so much plot armor the last few seasons before last Sunday, I'm fine with Dany just offing a lot of our favorites before she gets hers.

22. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't want to hear 'plot armor' or 'subverting expectations' ever again, hahaha

Literally every single show has some form of plot armor. Every single character on GoT should have been dead multiple times over, even in the widely accepted "best" seasons however many years ago. Shows exist with characters who overcome unrealistic events over and over and over again. If you can't suspend your disbelief of that now, especially after doing it dozens of times over the past decade, then I don't know what to tell you.

Not calling you out specifically @Davjs , we're cool, haha, it just reminded me of the people who lean on that way too hard.

23. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Dany should have died in the season 1 pyre scene #plotarmor

Gallhammer and Davjs like this.
  24. Davjs

Trusted

Haha it's all good. I never really used it before but man this show really did add that term to my vocabulary. After watching the Night King battle or the ep where they go to retrieve the white walker to show Cerise, how can you not though?

Just saying I'm ready to just have them go crazy in this last episode to make up for all the fan favorites making it through impossible situations and being saved last minute from behind non stop lol

25. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Since D & D love big TV moments and last-minute saves, it would be this but Bronn would break the noose with his bow and arrow because Tyrion still owes him Highgarden.

Davjs likes this.