Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Game of Thrones (HBO) TV Show • Page 570

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

there's such a weird sense of entitlement about this show now from the fans

2. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Compressing the story so much for the shortened seasons and losing that connective tissue of great character scenes continues to be the biggest problem for me. Where Euron Greyjoy should be a frustrating and powerful opponent, instead he is comically overpowered and pops up in so many different places yet always exactly where he needs to be to such a degree that it is frankly almost comical. It is also what leads to things like Daenarys' turn into 'The Mad Queen' seeming too sudden and too much simply a reaction to Jon Snow's rejection , which frankly SUCKS SO MUCH.

3. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

that’s a fine criticism. i don’t entirely agree, but it at least makes sense. totally misconstruing and nitpicking every interview and eye contact with the camera from all the actors is incredibly odd behavior online this month.

4. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I wouldn't be surprised to see an interview with an actor like:

"I loved being on the show!"

And then some fan, "You see, he loveD being on the show!!! He used to love it but now hates it, it's clear as day!!!!!"

Lol

5. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I'm not saying I think that's the only reason she turned - Im just saying the way this season played out and the extremely fast pacing of the overall story can make it seem like that too much.

I only even say 'turned' for brevity, I don't even really think she turned but she did what she did.

phaynes12 likes this.
  6. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

That one vid with Grey Worm and Missandei's actors and Emilia is the only one that I think legitimately seems like they're expressing some kind of disappointment or at least apprehension over the ending but even then there are other interpretations. And I don't think it helps how insanely over-expressive Emilia's face is and how they zoom her in the edits lol

coleslawed and CarpetElf like this.
  7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, definitely. That's the only one for me as well. It's pretty clear, damn lol

Wharf Rat likes this.
  8. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I mean, I'm disappointed with Jaime and Dany's endings but that's mostly because I wanted different endings for them personally lol. Like I was hoping Dany wouldn't go Mad Queen and that there'd maybe possibly be a happier ending for her, even in death like she has to sacrifice herself or something. But that's different than being disappointed in the ending because it sucks or something.

The only thing that sucks about it is how hastily arranged everything was, as I think I've said ad nauseam here at this point. All the endings so far feel more or less believable but you had a chance to erase all doubt and not let your last season(ish) lose the storytelling aspects that made the first 6-7 seasons so great (7 was also rushed but not nearly this much)

9. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I mean, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the actor who plays Missandei were disappointed she didn't have a little more to do this last season especially, but also there are always going to be actors who think their character should have played a bigger part in the story.

This probably isn't the best place to bring this up either, but we have this very weird phenomenon now where actors have to do these massive press tours BUT they literally are not allowed to say anything at all about the story they are out there promoting yet they are constantly bombarded with questions in a very public manner. Not to mention how weird it must be to be on the world stage and then have someone stick a microphone and a camera in your face and then ask you very pointed questions about your boss and what you think of how your boss is doing their job. It's just all very odd and strange when you think about it.

Mary V, phaynes12 and Wharf Rat like this.
  10. phaynes12

the emilia one is the only one i potentially believe. the dinklage one was just laughable picking through that. even the emilia one could be just laughing at dealing with benign questions from Entertainment Tonight reporters lol. i don’t really see why emilia would think it’s awful since it’s lrobably going to win her an emmy and she wasn’t getting anywhere close to that shit in previous seasons lol.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  11. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

If I were an actor on GoT I know I would have a very hard time not pulling a Harrison Ford on like Jimmy Fallon when I had to go in his show and he asks "so what can you tell me about what happens to your character on Game of Thrones?" I'd just wanna be like "fuck you, Jimmy. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. You know this. Our publicists talked about this like 50,000 times."

phaynes12 likes this.
  12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The one with Peter was hilarious if only for the meme mashing it together with Sansa talking about her dearest love Joffrey.

13. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

14. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Ugh, I don't know why, but I think Sansa at the Throne is my absolute least favorite outcome.

15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

coleslawed and CarpetElf like this.
  16. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I basically agree with all that. Even the believable ones are rushed to the point that people still end up misinterpreting them.

For example, I actually really like the turn that Dany's ending has taken, but even I still feel like it's being misrepresented because of how quickly they got through her final descent. People keep saying she snapped and went insane and that's it, but honestly, the pieces have been there all along that show she kind of couldn't decide what she truly wanted: to make the world a better place or to rule by any means necessary. That conflict had always been there, and at various times her temper showed her true feelings - she just wanted to rule and take what was "hers".

Her downfall, losing everything, having no support from the North (or anyone else) after aiding their battle and getting bested by Cersei each time she showed compassion all makes sense as to why she decided to attack with brute force: she is tired of being taken advantage of. All of this time and sacrifice to get the throne, and here she is....yet she still won't be queen even if she wins (thanks to Jon and Varys). She made an emotional yet conscious decision that she would instill fear into everyone - that ruling through fear was better than giving up the throne and trying to make the world a better place. It worked for me.

Even still, many people can't believe she was able to burn all of those innocent people. It was still pretty out of character, all things considered. IMO, this would have made much more sense had they built up her bitterness towards the people of Westeros for more than like two scenes! It was the biggest source of conflict for her (Jon stealing her claim and inherent support). Her entire justification for killing thousands of people was just "Fuck them, they wouldn't support me anyway", but we're really only fed this in ONE scene where everyone is laughing and joking with Jon Snow instead of her lol. We aren't really shown any scenes where people expressed their lack of support for her outside a couple of times (Varys, Arya and Sansa). It's just enough for you to put the pieces together, but not enough for it to REALLY land and make sense right off the bat.

Leftandleaving and David87 like this.
  17. Wharf Rat

Sansa on the throne doesn't really make sense to me, what is the logic? She's just the last highest ranking noble standing I guess?

Leftandleaving and dylan like this.
  18. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

She is good and you are terrible.

coleslawed, DrAlanGrant and Anthony_ like this.
  19. phaynes12

owned

CarpetElf likes this.
  20. Wharf Rat

huh...never thought of it like that

21. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Maybe Jon gets the throne but gives it to her. Or the republic of the seven kingdoms theory happens and she gets elected or whatever.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  22. seimagery

instagram.com/thekissingglow/

Don’t see Sansa on the throne, she will rule the North where she belongs. Tyrion, if he survives next episode, is more of a hand or small council member. I don’t see Jon taking it up either, he probably wants to peace out like Frodo did. They will probably plop some character no one saw coming on the throne, if there is still such a thing.

CarpetElf likes this.
  23. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I think we can all agree that Sansa would be the best ruler out of everyone left alive. #BrienneForHand #AryaForMasterOfWhispers

24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

There isn’t really a good choice for anyone to be on the throne as an actual endgame, this is it, story’s over kind of finality. There are tons of people who would be good to make collective decisions and leave others to rule their specific areas. I still have no clue what the final shot will be, but I just don’t see it as someone triumphantly sitting there as if that’s all there is now.

Leftandleaving and David87 like this.
  25. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Avengers: Endgame girl power assemble scene but it’s just Sansa, Arya, Brienne, and Nymeria sailing away from the shitstorm of Westeros to go to their own island while the continent is in flames behind them.

coleslawed, CarpetElf and Davjs like this.