Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Game of Thrones (HBO) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Yeah, definitely saw Gendry.

2. drstrong

I'm Back.

Did anyone else catch Liam Cunnhingham on Conan last week? He brought a clip that showed he and some others guarding the body of Jon Snow while some Night's Watch were breaking in.

3. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Don't you all mean Podrick? I don't see Gendry.

4. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Oh I definitely did get them confused. Whoops.

5. drstrong

I'm Back.

Goddamnit.

6. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Too many god damn characters, making me look like a complete fool!

7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

To be fair to both of us who got it confused, they're VERY similar looking.

8. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

the Lannister's aren't messing around.

Looking forward to that battle between the Wildlings and the Boltons

9. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

There are a few other things in the trailer that I'm surprised that you didn't point out haha.

10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Haha i only watched twice, had to run out to the store and such. I'm gonna go back and watch it again now and pause at parts to try and break it down.

Also, I'm doing the 50 days 50 episodes rewatch. We just fininished up The Mountain and the Viper. Ugh. Uggggggh.

airik625 likes this.
  11. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

since when is the raven a targaryen

12. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I possibly should have spoilered that, but in the books it's made pretty clear (especially if you read the Dunk and Egg tales) that the Three Eyed Raven is Brynden "Bloodraven" Rivers, a famous Targaryen bastard who would be over 125 years old at this point I think. He would have been Maester Aemon's uncle or Great Uncle I think.. I don't think it actually matters much in terms of the story, though I guess it could insinuate he may be wanting to help Dany when she comes back. Maybe he convinces Bran to do the same??

For clarification, I only read up to where we are with Bran in the story...I pretty much stopped reading his chapters after he met the Three Eyed Raven to avoid spoilers, but there were only a couple of those chapters anyway. Maybe just one, actually haha

13. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I'm guessing the scene where the Night King is walking towards fire is a vision right?

14. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

So, holyyyyy shit that trailer gives a way a lot more when you slow it down.

I'll spoiler this stuff in case people are avoiding the trailer:

1. Holy shit that is Davos sitting on a horse in front of someone carrying a Stark sigil. YES THE STARKS ARE BACK BABY. Now...is he marching with Jon, or Sansa? Or Rickon?? Sansa very clearly ends up somewhere friendly with those furs and that Stark sigil on her chest.

2. During the clip from behind the shield line where you can see the enemy coming at them, you can try and get a glimpse of a few of the banners--The only one I really can make out is the House Mormont sigil on the one flag in the front right of the screen. You get a quick glimpse of it right before the scene changes. So definitely some northern houses in that group of wildlings. Was trying to see if I could catch a Stark banner in there but couldn't get a good look at any of the other banners.

3. Which makes sense since I think the other shot we have of Davos talking about the dead coming, it appears he's standing in front of some House Mormont sigils on the back. Rallying them to someone's cause? *cough* Jon Stark King in the North *cough*

4. The Freys! Fuck them. On first view I thought it was just a flashback to the Red Wedding, but it's the Frey's celebrating with what looks to be the Lannisters. Some Lannister troops in there. I avoided some spoilers but did see that Riverrun would be making an appearance this season. Though that scene appears to be happening at the Twins.

5. More sigil spotting--Brienne and Pod in front of a Tully banner. Hmmmm. Wonder why she's going all the way down to Riverrun. Either that or Brynden brought some Tully supporters North?? But I figured Brienne would be making contact with Sansa up North again. What brings her to Riverrun?

6. All Ramsay, no Roose. Believing more and more that Ramsay will be taking Roose out this season. Which actually kind of pisses me off. I hate Roose but also love the character, and I wanted to see him taken out by a Stark loyalist.

7. Nothing to say about all those White Walker scenes other than holy shittttttttttt. Scary as hell.

8. Will be interesting to see what they do with Dany and the Mereen scenes. Gotta move those forward somehow, and it looks like that will be revolving heavily around the dragons. PLEASE DON'T DIE TYRION.

9. I have lost track of everything I saw haha.

morgantayler likes this.
  15. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

I read the books and don't remember anything like that hah. Guess if it's in the dunk books that'd explain why I never heard of it.

16. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I grabbed the Dunk and Egg tails over the holiday season and read them (They released all 3 of them in a book called a Knight of the Seven Kingdoms, definitely pick it up, it's a quick and easy read), and they kept referring to Bloodraven and his "Thousand eyes and one", and how he had a red eye and a red splotch on his cheek.

Well, a month later I'm blowing through AFFC and ADWD and I get to the part where Bran meets the Three Eyed Raven and somewhere in there is that Thousand eyes and one line and describing what he looks like and I was like....WAIT. haha

I also read The World of Ice and Fire book that came out, and that was pretty cool too if you're into the whole world that Martin created. Some dry and boring parts, but the history of the Targs and the parts on the rest of the known world were really cool.

17. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I don't believe they ever explicitly say it's him but it's implied.

18. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Arya's kickup is the coolest thing in there. And there are a few cool things.

19. Yeah there's nothing much of it in the main series but what little there is coupled with other secondary books it's pretty clear. Definitely one of the fan theories that's basically looked at like gospel at this point a la R+L

20. I didn't realize they put out a hardcover with Dunk and Egg consolidated. May have to grab that.

And your last paragraph reminds me that I really need to find some time and start up World of Ice and Fire again. I probably got through 50ish pages around the time it came out and haven't touched it since.

21. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Ready for the new season! Hoping to see some bad ass Arya development.

22. renoinexile

To Be Everywhere Is To Be Nowhere

Looks amazing!!!!

23. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Definitely the only storyline that I didn't really care for. I just feel no matter the outcome with her loyalty to the many face God, her story ends there.

24. alex

notgonz Prestigious

Half of his dialogue in the entire series is some variation of this sentence, really

dpatrickguy likes this.
  25. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I need to brush up my knowledge again, but I believe Arya is one of the big characters if you project forward, so I am kind of surprised by take. Whether HBO gets it right is another thing, I suppose.