Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Game of Thrones (HBO) TV Show • Page 386

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Mar 9, 2016.

1. currytheword

Trusted

I don’t think it’s that they can’t be in water or touch it, they just simply can’t get out of it. They’re reanimated corpses with likely no ability to float or swim. They had to wait until the ice froze to get at Jon and co. last season so they all didn’t just wind up piling up in the bottom of the lake. NK sending a few to their death deaths to wrap a rope around the dragon’s neck doesn’t seem to crazy in theory to me. He can control them, but he doesn’t move them with his mind.

More meaningful yes, but also its location was easier for all of the northern families to meet at. The largest army, which is Khaleesi’s, went straight there with Jon for obvious reasons. With the amount of time they had, makes sense for everyone that could to come to them. Winterfell I believe holds the reputation of being unpenetrated until Jon took it back.

2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Watching mindless zombies do the complicated work of getting a massive chain around a dead dragon underwater would be as amazing for a mini episode as watching them interpret the NK’s artistic ideas over and over again.

3. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Wait, why? At Hardhome he just raised his hands and everyone instantly rose

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Dragons are special, has to touch them

Marx&Recreation likes this.
  5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Some of that looked new to me.

Contender likes this.
  6. Ah the dragons in the top left! First time I've noticed that

7. currytheword

Trusted

White Walkers are technically not dead, just turned into essentially a mythical being/force created by the Night King. they have powers like their strength, sight, and also the ability to raise the dead (create wights). They're also unharmed by regular fire and steel. Viserion being dead beforehand means he is just simply a reanimated beast corpse. Not an "ice dragon" per se, just a blue-tinted undead one.

Ken likes this.
  8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

He’s a Blue Eyes Wight Dragon.

The walkers can’t “swim” either, right? Not just the wights?

Shrek and Mrk_Brdshw like this.
  9. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

I believe so, but since the White Walkers are involved with the seasons being out of wack, I'd imagine eventually they could just freeze the oceans to cross.

coleslawed and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  10. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I didn’t think they could swim either. But they somehow jumped out of the frozen lake in Beyond The Wall.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  11. chris

Trusted Supporter

shot of the NK heavy frustration sighing as they pull only the chain back out of the water while trial and error-ing how to keep it secured

12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Please, I need it.

13. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

This post was quoted twice and nobody commented on this we have truly failed as a thread here everyone

DontTellMom, Shrek, Mick and 3 others like this.
  14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I was so pleased with myself the first time I thought of it but of course the internet beat me there by years. Lol. I do think of it every time I see him and laugh.

Shrek and Anthony_ like this.
  15. chris

Trusted Supporter

Mod lock this thread, archive it

Shrek, KalValor, slowheart and 3 others like this.
  16. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

put it in the crypts where it will be safe

17. chris

Trusted Supporter

the crypts, and I cannot stress this enough, are 100% safe

Shrek, Cameron, Mrplum5089 and 9 others like this.
  18. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

It's gonna be funny when nothing happens in tbhe crypts next week lol

19. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Sam Jr is down there and I feel like he has plot armor so maybe they will actually be safe

20. I don’t think they raise the dead down there (though it would be cool)

I think the WW find a way in through those super secret passages that we’ve heard about throughout the show.

Regardless, super safe.

Ken likes this.
  21. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

They'll be safe once the dragon emerges from below the crypts.

Ken likes this.
  22. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Going to another GoT trivia tomorrow night, this time the prize is 200 bucks. I need to study!

23. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Shrek, dylan, coleslawed and 10 others like this.
  24. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

That's what I'm assuming too. They get in the crypts as sort of a sneak attack strategy. As much as I've talked about that theory and as cool as it would be to see some Starks reanimated, I'm hoping the coming episodes have as few crossover elements with The Walking Dead as possible (a la someone seeing someone they know as a zombie and freaking out/being unable to "kill" them).

Edit: And if the "theory" is correct that The Night King is a Stark from long ago, he might have known about the hidden passage anyway.

airik625 and Ken like this.
  25. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Isn't Tyrion going to be down there? I may be wrong but wasn't there was a big conversation where Daenerys specifically wanted him down there as she needs his mind to survive. Not sure if I heard this wrong or forgot another conversation where he changed his mind.

Matt Chylak, coleslawed and Ken like this.