Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Game of Thrones (HBO) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Deathco_019

Drummer

Here for season six, but not particularly excited after last season.

2. reedard

I'm all on board for season 6. Having read the books I'm intrigued. I have an idea of where the story is going, but I want to see how they get there.

Walking Dead lost me years ago. The Governor and Prison bullshit wore sooooo thin. Like, how can you have a show with zombies be so goddamn boring?

3. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

Was season 5 not highly regarded?

4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

It had "Hardhome" in it, so in my mind it is insanely highly regarded. That final three episode stretch in general was superb.

5. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I binge-watched the whole series so any drop in quality was not apparent to me whatsoever. Sometimes I think people's tastes just change without them realizing it. It all ran together for me, and it was all amazing.

6. Reiterating what I've probably said in the past, but season 5 was easily my least favorite so far, despite my belief that Hardhome is the best episode of the series to date. And yet, I'm finding myself really excited for this season for some reason. Might just be cus I'm kinda into the idea that my book-readerdom isn't going to play as much of a factor going forward, though I would have preferred the new book be out by now.

7. Deathco_019

Drummer

I'm cool with them deviating from the books, but some of the deviations were embarrassingly poor last season and one was very unfortunate. Hardhome was fantastic, but that doesn't make up for most of last season to me.

8. same

9. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Excited that Bill Simmons is doing a recap show this season. I have faith in him to make it interesting and unique (as much as a recap show can be). Still not over Grantland shutting down btw. Can't get myself to delete it from my Bookmarks Bar.

10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So I want HBO Now, but I'm wondering if it'll be better if I just download the eps individually off iTunes or Amazon when s6 starts. Thoughts? How much does a SD version of HBO shows cost on iTunes ? Also do they appear on sites for purchase right after they premiere?

12. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

The episodes aren't available on iTunes or other outlets until way after the season finishes airing. Season 5 was actually available on digital earlier than usual but it was still like two months after the season had finished.

13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Oh.....damn

14. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

15. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

The stuff at Castle Black is going to be so good this season. Only 2 weeks to go!

16. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Very excited.

17. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

GET HYPE. This season looks so good.

younglikeme likes this.
  18. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Oh YES

19. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

"That's what I do. I drink, and I know things."

Tyrion is the fucking man.

Cameron likes this.
  20. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN

21. younglikeme

ii // YLM

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

22. drstrong

I'm Back.

Was that seriously Gendry in that trailer? How long has it been since we've seen him?

23. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Sick trailer, could not be more excited.

24. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

That trailer has me pumped. Less than 2 weeks away now.

Sometimes I still can't believe that a show based on a fantasy book series has become so popular. I have to applaud HBO for taking the chance on a show that has such a huge scope and cast of characters, not to mention the costs associated with filming it.

25. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yuuuuuuuus.

Two things I noticed after a couple initial views:
    1. Mace Tyrell armored and feather capped with Jaime at the head of the Tyrell army
    2. The Three Eyed Raven standing at what is clearly the Tower of Joy scene, can even see a dead body on the ground behind him. Whatever he's seeing he looks very clearly upset by. Hmm. He IS a Targaryen, after all.

Wait, what?! Where?!