Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Game of Thrones (HBO) TV Show • Page 281

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Mar 9, 2016.

1. currytheword

Trusted

I'm wondering if Kit Harrington has been allowed to cut his hair off yet haha.

2. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

They just played a new clip in an HBO commercial during the Golden Globes

airik625 likes this.
  3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

oh damn

4. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

OH SHIT

Seems very begrudgingly said by her. HMMMMMMMMMMM

5. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

CAT FIGHT

I MEAN WOLF/DRAGON FIGHT

6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Wonder when we get the official trailer and premiere date

7. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Nothing from that teaser is really that new. A feature in EW a few months back said that the first scene of the season will mirror the arrival of King Robert to Winterfell and that Sansa isn't happy that Jon bent the knee.

8. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah, that was one of the things that's kind of a given but will still be really fun to see how it plays out. Also curious to see how long it takes before Bran or Sam spoil Jon and Dany's new relationship. If they arrive at Winterfell in the first episode, you gotta think that won't take long.

Side note - If/When the White Walkers make it to Winterfell, will they be able to revive all of the dead bodies in the crypts underneath the castle? And if so, then will they be able to revive all of the dragons underneath King's Landing?

coleslawed and smowashere like this.
  9. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Jon did more than bend the knee huehuehue

Sean Murphy, St. Nate, Ken and 4 others like this.
  10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Do we think they'll announce a trailer or do you think we'll get a surprise trailer during some huge television event? You've got the college championship game tonight and the Super Bowl a month from now if they wanted to do that....

11. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i really hope they screen this premiere and/or finale in theaters

GrantCloud likes this.
  12. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Honestly let’s do no trailer. Absolutely let us know nothing going in.

RJ Knorr, Garrett L. and CarpetElf like this.
  13. currytheword

Trusted

This is the one show I avoid spoilers for at every turn. If somebody says a trailer shows too much, I do not click.

14. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

This is making me anxious because I generally have an idea of where it's heading (White Walkers are probably going to hit Winterfell first, forcing them back into Cersei, battle with Cersei will be resolved, then the final battle with the White Walkers will be resolved, etc.) but I have absolutely no idea how it's going to play out.

The internet has thrown out so many theories that one of them has to be right, but I'm anticipating still somehow being totally shocked.

15. currytheword

Trusted

I anticipate that we see quite a few smaller confrontations that take out some fan favorites, and about half of those beloved characters actually make it to the final climax (in which everyone will die anyways). Then, the Night King will rest over the blue sunset of a grateful universe.

Ken likes this.
  16. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I'd be okay if Theon died in the first episode.

Ken and airik625 like this.
  17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I actually think the White Walkers story gets resolved first and they are totally defeated before the throne/Cersei is resolved. Idk why, i just feel like with so many main characters being in Winterfell, they’re either going to win there or win as they retreat somehow, at which point the survivors will turn their attention towards Cersei.

The #forthethrone marketing has reinforced that belief for me...I’ve thought for years that the White Walker battle would be the final end game but, at the end of the day, it’s always been about the Iron Throne.

18. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

The very first scene of the show was addressing the white walker threat. Could go either way.

19. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I thought that too and agree with everything you said. I mainly just feel like it would be anticlimactic to go from defeating a million year old magical being with an army of dead soldiers who can kill and resurrect dragons....to fighting Cersei Lannister lol

But who knows... I’ve felt like Jon’s message is that the fight for the throne is ultimately stupid and pointless, so ending with that would be weird. It all really depends on how they go about it, I guess. I expect to be surprised regardless.

20. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I wonder if the writing makes it so both stories get resolved in the same war?

And whoever is alive at the end is pretty much the de facto new king/queen on the throne?

No idea how they do it. Jon is def sacrificing himself for the good of the realm for his beloved Queen and the seven kingdoms. And she’s dying of heartbreak after, but we will have a new little Targaryen to rule with its Hand of Tyrion.

CarpetElf likes this.
  21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Tyrion and Sansa*

22. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

It would make sense for the White Walkers to meet their end at a place called Winterfell.

23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

forgot he was still alive tbh

24. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I think the only "fitting" way for his arc to end will be dying to save his sister

CarpetElf likes this.
  25. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

That would be the traditional way of doing it, but they could easily subvert those expectations by having her die before he's anywhere near rescuing her.

coleslawed likes this.