Game of Thrones (HBO) TV Show • Page 278

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Mar 9, 2016.

1. CarpetElf

it tastes bad Prestigious

I am all here for Bran is the Night King though.

2. David87

Trusted Prestigious

I have nothing other than gut feeling on this but I don’t think they kill both Jon and Dany...I think one of them lives to raise their kid and rule as King/Queen.

I’m betting on Jon

CarpetElf likes this.
  3. Matt

Does the name Kevin mean anything to you? Prestigious

I'm super excited to start a rewatch of this, it's been years since I have seen the first few seasons.

4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Prestigious

My wife and I just finished the sixth season of our rewatch. This is our third I believe. Anyhow, we are giddy to watch the seventh season again.

5. currytheword

Trusted

I don't think there will be a throne when it's all said and done.

Zac Djamoos, coleslawed and CarpetElf like this.
  6. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I'm guessing there will be a fair amount of "predictable" endings that come about (simply because every possible ending has been theorized online at this point) but then there will be a couple of crazy twists that no one thought would happen.

My main guess is that Daenerys sacrifices herself to help Jon win the war somehow. I see her (and maybe Jon) making it all the way to the finale but probably dying then.

CarpetElf likes this.
  7. CarpetElf

Lightbringer has been brought up too much to be nothing. With Dany being pregnant though, I'm thinking Bran will be the sacrifice. Bran is the Night King. I lose my shit when Dany dies in childbirth and Jon gets the throne he never god damn wanted or worked for.

8. David87

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah out of all the “main characters” Jon was always the least likely to rise to power, as he wasn’t of noble birth and didn’t have any sort of claim, and i think GRRM has said countless times that this story was supposed to be about not the people you expect to be the “hero” of the story to be the hero.

Idk if they’ll go Jon stabbing Dany in the heart with longclaw to make lightbringer though. I’m not sure if they set us up enough for that or not, for the non-book readers/casual viewers

9. CarpetElf

Jon is literally the exact definition of who you expect to be the hero.

Contender likes this.
  10. David87

Trusted Prestigious

Through 5 books and what we know now, yeah, but at the start of the story it wasn’t the typical fantasy trope of Ned being the hero or his oldest legitimate son triumphantly avenging him or etc. He wouldn’t be the one expected to rise to power and become king and etc. GRRM said in a lot of interviews that he was trying to avoid that type of thing that was all over fantasy when he started the series

11. CarpetElf

that may fly in the books but in the show he's too hot not to be important

12. David87

Trusted Prestigious

I just got a copy of Fire and Blood 6 days early...woooooo!

13. theagentcoma

just me and my dog and an impossible view Supporter

this show is too hard to binge watch

14. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I think I watched 5 seasons in 1.5 weeks.

15. David87

Trusted Prestigious

Is there still an ASOIAF thread? I wanna talk about some of the lore/history in Fire and Blood but wasn’t sure if it really fit here

16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I love bingeing this show

17. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

18. Sean Murphy

Trusted Supporter

I don’t even care if it sucks, this bottle is amazing.

4FDD4534-5C7A-436C-AE8A-44A3752C4BB5.jpeg

19. Marx&Recreation

Regular

Calling these now:
    -Jon survives. He already died once so it would be strange having that dramatic moment all over again
    -Cersei dies. Don’t know how but she will. She’s been way too reckless since Joffrey died.
    -One of the three surviving Stark kids dies
    -Cleganebowl happens, both die

Things I’m not calling but more likely than not:
    -Tyrion, Brienne, and Davos: at least two of them die sacrificing themselves at some point
    -Bran goes OP and kills the main white walkers or saves the day somehow idk
    -Dany survives but loses all her dragons

coleslawed likes this.
  20. theagentcoma

just me and my dog and an impossible view Supporter

I find your lack of Podrick Payne disturbing

Sean Murphy likes this.
  21. Marx&Recreation

Regular

Pod becomes king

22. David87

Trusted Prestigious

START THE DAMN JOUST BEFORE I PISS MESELF

Also I finished Fire and Blood yesterday...it's pretty damn good. I mean, it depends on how interested you are in the WOIAF and the Targaryens, because there are a few spots in the book where I felt a little bogged down and bored, but it's def a cool little history.

23. xDumpweed182x

Regular

PSA: If you watch one episode every other day starting this Saturday (November 24), you will finish all seven seasons the day before the first Sunday of April. This is my plan for my rewatch, so I thought I would share.

coleslawed likes this.
  24. Garrett L.

already there Moderator

long shot--anyone have a link to the tweet with the video where they took the video of the high sparrow arresting cersei and put fergie's london bridge "OH SNAP" over it?

CarpetElf likes this.
  25. David87

Trusted Prestigious

Also, it was cool to read about the Dance, but I'm actually much more excited to read about the Blackfyre Rebellion, The Tragedy at Summerhall, and Bloodraven.