Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Game of Thrones (HBO) TV Show • Page 276

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Mar 9, 2016.

1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Rewatching Season 7 now, noticed a cool little detail...the Lannister army no longer has the more expensive plate armor that they were all rocking in seasons 1-6...They have the same helmets, but the rest of their body is not in armor, they are in black leather jerkins.

Def seems to be playing up the idea that the Lannisters and the crown don’t have as much gold anymore and they’ve had to skimp on such supplies for their army. Really cool detail I thought.

2. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

currytheword likes this.
  3. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Makes sense to wait until summer. There's literally nothing else on TV (shows, sports) to take away from the hype and discussion, plus there's less lead time to the prequel series.

4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Some new footage in here:

5. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Which clips were new?

6. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

The clip with Jon and Sansa is the only one lol. Everything else was old.

EW was trying to say the Gendry one was new but it’s not.

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, as much as I need it now, HBOs only summer show is Ballers, and Ballers might get more attention if it's on after GoT, Idk how long they plan to run Ballers (I like it for what it is, it fills the void Entourage left), but it will probably be determined by how they want to schedule West World, because I doubt they'd want them to both run at the same time.

8. currytheword

Trusted

Idk if anyone watched the first season of Barry or if there is a thread for it on here, but I enjoyed it a lot.

9. Night Channels

Trusted

Insecure is a much better series than Ballers.

Barry was also fantastic.

currytheword and CarpetElf like this.
  10. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

oh man I loved Barry!

I started Succession and I admit it's not that great, still need to finish it

currytheword likes this.
  11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Ive been meaning to start Insecure

12. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Insecure is good

13. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I started Succession as well, I’m gonna stick with it because I heard the second half of the season is when it gets good.

Insecure is the shit.

theagentcoma likes this.
  14. Matt Chylak

Succession gets realllll good around episode 6. I was very skeptical in the first few episodes.

morgantayler likes this.
  15. Matt Chylak

I enjoyed Season 1 of Insecure more for the music selections than anything else. Then I started Season 2 and it immediately felt like the show leveled up.

16. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Ballers is just an entourage 2.0 it seems (I have maybe watched two or three episodes) and entourage was pretty sub par to begin with.

17. I went to the 'Game of Thrones Live Concert Experience' the other night and it was awesome. Ramin Djawadi, who seems like a nice guy, and an orchestra performed music while scenes played on a giant screen behind them. There was a cool stage setup and various live show aspects that were neat. In addition to the performance being great, it was like getting to watch Game of Thrones with a stadium full of people, which was fun.

coleslawed and currytheword like this.
  18. currytheword

Trusted

This sounds amazing.

19. It was so fun. In the beginning they play a medley to a montage of all the characters, and everyone was cheering and booing for their favorite and least favorite characters.

Side note: After asking if everyone was excited for S8 and everyone loudly cheering, he jokingly admitted he hadn't seen anything yet and hadn't started on anything for it yet ha.

currytheword likes this.
  20. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Dinklage won the emmy.

theagentcoma likes this.
  21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

His speech was funny

22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Garrett L. and currytheword like this.
  23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

JBoch, airik625, Mary V and 2 others like this.
  24. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I’m gonna go ahead and make a thread if there isn’t already one.

25. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

currytheword likes this.