Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Game of Thrones (HBO) TV Show • Page 275

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Mar 9, 2016.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

This art/image was apparently posted on HBO’s Norwegian Facebook site:

22AB3D06-9026-4D4B-8D02-89921A2830CB.jpeg

coleslawed likes this.
  2. delvec19

Trusted

Finally. I've caught up. What a show I've missed over the years but I'm finally here and can contribute! Not really sure what took me so long but I finally started binging the show in May. Just finished over the weekend and was catching up with this thread. It was pretty fun to read all your reactions during and after the episodes week after week, I almost felt I was a part of it. But yeah I don't have quite the long wait as you guys, but it's still pretty far away. :tear:

David87, theagentcoma and airik625 like this.
  3. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I just finished another rewatch. I think I enjoyed this latest season more on the second round than I did with my initial viewing, for whatever reason. I was probably overthinking and dwelling on each episode when I watched it live.

That said, I still believe that the worst part of the season was the Stark children's unseen scheme and Littlefinger's death as a result. It was a pretty forced twist. The whole thing was muddy, and the "twist" was completely based on the audience being fed misleading information from both sides of the conflict. Littlefinger's demise just seemed like it came out of nowhere after 7 season because they needed an important character death scene during the finale.

4. GBlades

Trusted

I just need this show to start back. No other fantasy show lives up to the hype!

smowashere likes this.
  5. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

That's a pretty prime example of why the season is pretty bad, tho. So much of it is really blatantly rushed compared to the rest of the series and as a result there are all these really blatant holes that would barely even fly in an actual soap opera. Like I would say the whole plotline of them going north to capture a white walker was almost as bad as the Littlefinger thing. In like one or two episodes they go north, then Gendry gets back to the wall on foot, then Dany hears about it and gets up there in time to save them. That's like a whole season's worth of shit. And within that plot there are so many deus ex machinas, like Jon miraculously surviving and Benjen saving him.

God it makes me frustrated thinking about it all again now lol

6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Mary V and airik625 like this.
  7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Last Woman Standing :eyes:

8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I think that may mean shes the last major woman cast member to finish filming, as sophie turner and emilia clarke both posted that they were finished weeks ago, not sure about lena headey thoo....

h8bit likes this.
  9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I need season 8.

h8bit likes this.
  10. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Arya’s just been my favorite since I started reading the books over a decade ago. So I’m just mostly being optimistic here. But I know better with this story haha

coleslawed and Sean Murphy like this.
  11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Ive been following @a_red_priestess on twitter, fan account from belfast posting set pictures, there have been weeks of filming fires on the kings landing set.

12. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Would be shocked if Arya didn’t make it tbh

13. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

this is going to be the biggest event in the last decade

h8bit and smowashere like this.
  14. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Even though I didn’t like the way she was handled recently, I’m hoping Sansa at least makes it out alive one way or another. I think after everything she’s endured, just surviving would be a victory for her arc.

theagentcoma and Garrett L. like this.
  15. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Regardless of how it would even happen, Arya dying would be the biggest shock for me in the entire series tbh

Zac Djamoos and Garrett L. like this.
  16. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Idk if it matters anymore but I’m almost certain grrm confirmed she’s the one character he wouldn’t kill off

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

prequel is set to film before the end of the year

18. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

is this still anticipated to come out next year? i can't remember at this point.

19. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Yeah definitely in 2019, but no date yet. I’d imagine it’s going to fall back into it’s old April spot though.

h8bit likes this.
  20. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah that’s my guess too...they finished filming a couple weeks ago, it’s supposed to be winter on the show...so I’m huessing somewhere in that Feb-April range

h8bit likes this.
  21. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

HBO’s programming president confirmed that the final season will air in the first half of 2019. He also said that the reports about the prequel beginning production this year were false and that they’re hoping it gets started in early 2019.

'Game of Thrones' final season to air in 'first half' of 2019

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

"first half" smh theyre gonna make us wait until june 30th arent they

morgantayler and David87 like this.
  23. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

So I think I’ve decided that the battle for the dawn happens and then control of the throne is settled and...that feels weird to me. It feels weird that we’ve had the White Walkers built up this much this long and then they won’t even be the final climatic battle. I think That story gets resolved in the first 3 episodes of the season, and then whoever is left (Dany? Jon? Both of them?) marches south and takes on Cersei in the final 3 episodes.

I’m sure it’ll alll be pretty badass, but i just feel weird that the fight for the Dawn won’t be the final battle haha.

Also I want some fucking Howland Reed!

CarpetElf and theagentcoma like this.
  24. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Unless something happens where the battle and who ends up on the throne is dependent on how the battle ends.

My basic guess from before last season was it ends with Tyrion looking over the child of Jon and Dany on the throne. But with the timeline, I don’t think 9 months are passing from where we left off last season to now haha.

airik625 likes this.
  25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’m really hoping each ep is 80 min long or else I don’t know how they’re going to neatly wrap up everything.

h8bit, David87 and Donnie Ruth like this.