Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Game of Thrones (HBO) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Seems to be the trend lately, but a good one to have a recap show for.

2. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

I am planning on refraining from watching any of the new episodes until after the books are released and I read them. I personally just feel the books are much better than the TV show.

The main thing that might change my mind is the fact that the books don't seem like they will be released anytime soon and it will be hard to hold off. I have a lot of friends that watch the TV show so it will be hard to avoid spoilers even if i don't watch.

So I am slightly conflicted.

3. skurt

This is slightly how I am feeling to, I want to hold out for the books but with George R.R. Martin who knows how long that will be and ignoring show spoilers with friends and the internet will be tough.

Snewt likes this.
  4. Tyler

Regular Supporter

If you can avoid spoilers until 2020 or longer then you're much more strong willed than me.

airik625 likes this.
  5. skurt

That is exactly my problem, I want to but I cannot realistically see myself refraining for that long, eventually curiosity will win out. So I am debating just watching from the start so what i hear doesn't end up spoiling both the show and the books for me.

6. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Starting my series rewatch now instead of doing anything productive. Not sure I'm ready for all these feels.

Tyler likes this.
  7. Tyler

Regular Supporter

Godspeed.

8. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Guess I should sub here. First year that I'm not doing a rewatch.

9. hallowblue

There's a monster under all this tulle;

Caught up on the books (finally), caught up on the show- season 6 come faster.

Snewt likes this.
  10. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Definitely going to keep watching. No way I could wait about 5-10 years for the books to be done.

TBH I probably have to reread the last two books to remember what the hell is happening there. There's so many characters and details that it's hard to remember. Easy to confuse the book and show too.

11. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I've never watched talking shows like that, but I'll give this one a try.

12. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Bryan Cogman has been counting his top 10 episodes of the series and has been live tweeting them as he goes along. It has been really cool because he'll talk about a bunch of BTS stuff, too.

13. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Subbing. This will be the first season I won't binge-watch and get to discuss live, so I'm looking forward to it.

14. Viva Sonata

gooberplex.tumblr.com Prestigious

season six looks pretty solid!!

15. GoT and Sillicon Valley means heaven.

williek311 likes this.
  16. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Couldn't be more excited for this show to come back into my life. Gonna be crazy not having any idea what's going to happen each episode now with the show being further than the books now.

17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Does anyone play Game of Thrones Ascent? I've been home from work for health reasons and got back into it...so addictive sometimes.

18. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  19. reedard

HBO > the rest.

And don't give me this Walking Dead nonsense. That show sucks.

Guys Named Todd and jjnunn118 like this.
  20. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I'm a Walking Dead fan, and I'll be the first to say there's no comparison lol it's a fun show, but that's it. Nowhere near the level of writing.

airik625 likes this.
  21. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I 2nd this.

22. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Especially after that disgrace of an ending on Sunday. They had a chance to do something great on par with the red wedding and didn't.

23. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

It's not even that I thought it was disgraceful, I thought the build up was excellent. But knowing ahead of time what was happening, the visual effects, and just the all around principle of what they were trying to do just didn't execute well at all.

24. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

GoT ended on like 4 different cliffhangers last season and I loved every one of them. Execution is everything.

airik625 likes this.
  25. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yep, that's the difference. GoT has a million iconic scenes that are ingrained in my head, but that Walking Dead finale was entirely forgettable. I get the same feeling with Breaking Bad. Every death and big emotional scene was very memorable, and the one they left as a cliffhanger (Gale) was not (although it was still way better than TWD's).