Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Game of Thrones (HBO) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Mar 9, 2016.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

6 weeks away. Which actually doesn't seem that far off considering we just saw the first trailer.

2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

All hail Sansa and Arya, Queens in the North.

3. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

I can't wait for this new season and see where they take the story. I loved the books, but I'm going to love watching this and not knowing exactly what will happen next.

Garrett L. likes this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Bring back The Hound!

5. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

So stoked for season 6. Probs won't contribute much to any preseason spec you guys have because I followed along with spoilers from when they were filming but I promise I won't give away anything when I do post here.

6. Deathco_019

Drummer

I truly pray that Cleganebowl becomes a thing.

7. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

it totally is.

8. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

If any of you are planning on buying the season 5 boxset, Target is giving away a $10 gift card if you pre-order from them online, plus you'll get free-shipping.

9. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

10. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

The final flash of Bran. :scream:

morgantayler likes this.
  11. phaynes1

Regular

Great trailer

12. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

The Night's King/Bran & Co. stuff looks to be really interesting. From the trailers/behind the scenes videos that have been posted it looks like the White Walkers are going to infiltrate/burn down Bloodraven's weirwood cave.

13. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Btw, here are the BTS videos that have been posted.

14. airik625

Can't believe this is already less than a month away. As much as I hated not having any trailers or previews, I think I almost prefer not getting the first one until 6 weeks beforehand.

15. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I'm hoping a HBO Now app will come out for the Xbox One before the premiere.

Cameron likes this.
  16. tucah

not champ Prestigious

v excited to have more game of thrones in my life

17. KGEich

Newbie Prestigious

Subbing

18. timcsheehan

Regular

any book readers going to keep watching? been having lots of debates with friends over whether it will spoil books and if we should watch.

pretty sure I will, but my wife is refusing.

19. Tyler

Regular Supporter

Yep, definitely gonna keep watching. I'm not gonna wait another year for Winds of Winter then ANOTHER 5+ years for book 7.

20. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I like the show a lot more than the books at this point so yeah I have no problem watching. This isn't to say I'm 100% down with everything the show does, but for the most part it's much more streamlined storytelling than the later books have been, and while I've enjoyed both the books and shows a lot, it's not really a story that means so much to me I'm going to spend however many hours on both the books and the show.

21. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

I'm pretty torn on this. I started reading the books before the show started and I love reading. I could probably hold off watching season 6 until book 6 was out. But then what, wait 5 years before watching season 7?

I think I'm going to watch and just hope the show doesn't spoil much of the books when they eventually come out. It's a weird situation though the show passing the books.

Vivatoto likes this.
  22. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I started the show before I read the books so that makes it a little bit easier. I'm not "happy" about it but I'm not waiting

23. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

Season six is just around the corner!

24. airik625

Three more weeks. Or is it four?

25. morgantayler Apr 4, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 4, 2016)
    morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Andy Greenwald and Chris Ryan are hosting a recap show called After the Thrones. It looks like it will only be available on HBO Now, HBO Go, or HBO on Demand.

The Ringer - After the Thrones

Edit: Greenwald said it would also be available as a podcast.