Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Game Night (John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein, February 23, 2018) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Iain

Regular

When the film start for the first 15minutes or so i was like "This is going to be shit", but actually i really enjoyed it.

The scene with when shes following instructions on her phone for the bullet, and he is argueing with her about the phone settings had me nearly in tears laughing.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  2. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

This is so good what the hell

Mrplum5089, stayillogical and Dodger like this.
  3. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

“Bulgarian egg? Isn’t that the 3rd Harry Potter book?”

Zilla and Dodger like this.
  4. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I’m probably gonna watch it with some friends this weekend. I saw it by myself in the theatre and had a really good time

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I got really drunk on Saturday night and watched this. It was a lot of fun. Plemmons was fantastic and I was so happy to see Michael C. Hall. Have no idea how I went seven months without knowing he had a part in this. I was totally shocked (and drunk enough to convince myself that maybe it wasn't him?)

6. I watched this last night and enjoyed it. It wasn’t a hilarious, laugh-a-minute comedy but I had some good laughs.

7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Watched this on a plane. Pretty fun

8. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Rewatching this on HBO and I am in tears at the glass tables gag. Such a brilliant joke.

"Man, glass tables are acting weird tonight."

9. Serh May 3, 2020
    (Last edited: May 4, 2020)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

jesus, i'm half an hour into a rewatch and i can already tell i misjudged the hell out of this movie. actually had to try not to laugh too hard at certain things so i wouldn't wake my roommate up

stayillogical, jkauf and SpyKi like this.
  10. Serh May 3, 2020
    (Last edited: May 3, 2020)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

don't show me my other posts itt or i'll never stop cringing

least i never put it on par w/ f*st f*ght

stayillogical, Zilla and jkauf like this.
  11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

:hulk: :hulk: :hulk:

12. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

This movie still cracks me up.

13. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

“Other one.”
    “Mark Ruffalo?”
    “Other one!”
    “Lou Ferrigno”
    “Hoooly shit.”

14. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Might be my favorite big studio comedy of the last 4-5 years. The writing is so sharp and the direction is far better than it had to be.

"How can that be profitable for Frito-Lay?" gets me every single time.

stayillogical, airik625 and jkauf like this.
  15. [​IMG]

Every scene with him KILLLLLS me. This is a great one. I need to watch it again.

16. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

If you watch the credits closely at the end where it lays out his plan, it shows he called the grocery store or something and that they were in fact not offering 3 for 1 deals.

Slangster likes this.
  17. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

yeah this is one of the more clever comedies to come out in a long time. The only really weak link was the couple who were only there to argue about which celeb she had sex with. At least the dumb friend found the egg, whereas I don't think that couple substantively contributed to the plot at all

also nice for a comedy to actually be shot really well. Everyone knows the tracking shot but there are several other memorable shots, like how in the first Plemmons scene, every time it cuts to him the camera gets progressively closer until it's right in his face, or when Chandler fights the kidnappers, and also when they're in the bar back room and the kidnapper forces the lock open

18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

bradsonemanband likes this.
  19. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

watching this for 3rd or 4th time and McAdams should of gotten an Oscar nom.

Third Eye Blind scene is so funny