Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gallant - Ology Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Corey Putney, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Corey Putney

@coreyputney Prestigious

Will update this later - but I'm so excited about it. Anyone else?

2. reid

@joemochas

Dude, so stoked for this album. The singles have been ridiculous.

3. FrankOceansEleven

bucks in 6

Definitely looking forward to this. Haven't heard a bad track from him yet. His highs in Bourbon remind me of listening to Usher a decade ago.

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Super intrigued by this dude/album. Every day he climbs up my list of "must-see" at Coachella

5. FrankOceansEleven

bucks in 6

reid likes this.
  6. This album is KILLER! My girlfriend is going to love it. Also, looks like he's going to be in town in May. I will probably have to go to that.

7. reid

@joemochas

8. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

Been meaning to check him out

9. FrankOceansEleven

bucks in 6

I like this album a lot after a couple of listens. Could see this being near the top of my list at the end of the year.

There's a lot more soul influence on here than I expected. Not sure why I was expecting a more straightforward R&B experience, but there's a lot going on in most of these songs. It's definitely a turn away from contemporary R&B, even if at times he sounds a lot like Usher or Frank Ocean.

10. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I DEFINITELY need to check this later tonight... Weight in Gold is sick but I can't say I've heard anything else by him yet.

11. morningstar10

This album is incredible.

12. morningstar10

Gallant, Anderson Paak, dvsn and Kanye have made this first quarter amazing.

13. FrankOceansEleven

bucks in 6

This is the first album of the year that's really blown me away. I've only listened through three or four times but I can already tell it'll be one of my favorites.

14. beachdude

This and dvsn are making my musical year so far.

15. morningstar10

And Anderson Paak, Rnb/Soul music has taken over from Rap this first quarter I think.

16. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Listening to this now. It's really good so far!

17. Gwen

11:11 // Resident Queen Prestigious

Haven't gotten a chance to listen to the whole thing yet but I really do NOT like the new Jupiter Greyscale. They took out everything I loved about the original version.

18. beachdude

I think both versions of Jupiter are sick... the new version is one of my favorites on the album.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  19. Gwen

Idk dude the original was the perfect combination of sexy and atmospheric, I feel like his voice is brought way too far to the front of the mix on the new version and he overpowers the rest of the song in a bad way.

20. FrankOceansEleven

bucks in 6

My early favorites: Percogesic, Weight in Gold, Bourbon, Open Up, and Bone + Tissue

21. Gwen

Upon listening to the whole thing, Jupiter is the only complaint I have for an otherwise perfect album

22. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I can't get super into this album. There is just SO much falsetto constantly that it kinda grates on me. Nothing quite hits the highs of Weight In Gold for me

23. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I love this album.

24. morningstar10

This album is special. Counting and Episode are early favourites but I can listen to this all the way through no qualms, and when Skipping Stones comes on late, I get giddy

reid and Letterbomb31 like this.
  25. FrankOceansEleven

bucks in 6

Wish this song would've made the album: