Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gabrielle Aplin Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Letterbomb31, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Letterbomb31 Aug 13, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 27, 2017)
    Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Gabrielle Aplin (born 10 October 1992) is an English singer-songwriter from Sutton Benger, Wiltshire. Aplin gained a following online after publishing acoustic covers of songs by bands such as Paramore and You Me at Six on YouTube. She gained mainstream attention when she was selected to record the soundtrack for a John Lewis television commercial with a cover of Frankie Goes to Hollywood's "The Power of Love", which charted at number 1 on the UK Singles Chart in December 2012. Her debut album English Rain was released in May 2013 to positive reviews. She released her second album Light Up the Dark in September 2015. On 16th December 2016, Aplin released the Miss You EP.

2. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

She's one of my favourites, I'm hoping we get a new album this year. Which album do you prefer?

3. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I'm thinking English Rain. I am a song skipper and I've listened through her discography all the way through in order.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  4. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

English Rain is one of my favourite albums ever! I'm gonna have to relisten soon because it's been a few months. More recently, I've mostly been playing her latest EP over and over. I actually wouldn't mind an entire full-length album from her in the style of "Miss You", as I think the tropical pop sound works surprisingly well for her.

AelNire likes this.
  5. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  6. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

It's so good! I love the lyrics especially ("The man sat next to me is texting somebody/I wonder what that feels like", "I see my reflection dazed and complacent/She follows me home at night").

If I was forced to choose my absolute favourite song from Gabrielle it'd have to be this one:

AelNire likes this.
  7. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

New song!

An EP called Avalon is being released on 15th September

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

new EP out today!

10. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

New song

irthesteve likes this.
  11. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

irthesteve likes this.
  12. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I’m really enjoying the new album

13. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

"My Mistake" is a terrific song that hits way too close to home lol goddamn.

14. Immortal1001

Killing Nothing

15. irthesteve

Nice!

16. irthesteve

new album is pretty darn good, very impressed

17. irthesteve