Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gabe Saporta Does Track-by-Track for ‘Hot Mess’ 10-Year Anniversary

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Gabe Saporta talked with Alt. Press about the ten year anniversary of Cobra Starship’s Hot Mess.

“Nice Guys Finish Last” was inspired by Britney Spears’ “Toxic,” which is one of the best songs in the last 20 years. It was inspired by that a little bit, and we had to give publishing to the guys who wrote “Toxic” for that song. It’s also about the only job I ever had, which was when I was 17. I worked for my next-door neighbor who was like an old rock ’n’ roller and hired me to do internet stuff for him because I was just a young kid who knew the internet. He just hired me to hang out, and he was just a crazy, obnoxious guy who totally would not be able to exist in today’s universe. But he literally said that to me. He told me that, “Yeah, just treat girls like shit, and they’ll stick to you—stick to the bottom of your shoe.” He literally said that, and I put that into a song, and it sings really nice in the song.

2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

"Fold Your Hands Child" is a great song but the rest of the record is lol

3. Kuri44

Nice Guys Finish Last is more Womanizer than Toxic

Also, love this band and album.

It’s not as good as the first two, but there’s some solid stuff on it.

Came out at such a weird time in my life

4. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Release the AP.net interview!

5. WasteSomeTime

Regular

He had enough money to not have a job since he was 17? Didnt think Midtown or Cobra could keep him out of work that long.

6. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I listened to this and Viva La Cobra so much

7. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

AbsolutePunk HATED this band so much lol.

8. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

Where is Rohan with the interview?

#CrushGate

9. Oh damn totally forgot about these guys. Might have to put that one album on rotation today - not this one the one with the purple jacket on the cover

10. ZeoVGM

Regular

I've kind of been in the mood for a new Cobra album -- something more like Viva -- but it seems like Gabe is done with all that.

11. Gen Martinez

Listen To Saves The Day.

You have no idea how huge Cobra was.