Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fyre Festival Founder Arrested in New York

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

NME:

One of the men responsible for April’s disastrous Fyre Festival was arrested in New York City on Friday.

Billy McFarland, 25, is charged with wire fraud after allegedly defrauding investors in Fyre Media, his company. […] Explaining McFarland’s arrest, US Attorney Joon Kim said that he had allegedly shown fake documents to investors to encourage them to put more than $1 million into both Fyre Media and Fyre Festival. Ja Rule, the company’s co-founder, has not been arrested.

Raku likes this.
  2. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Don't know why Ja Rule isn't being held just as accountable, but it's a start.

Still the funniest shit show of the year so far.

Raku and youwontknow like this.
  3. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

The fact that this was still a thing is beyond me, like, this is the height of the bizzaro festival culture being a different reality.

Raku and electro haikus like this.
  4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This'll be a good ending to the movie

Raku, coleslawed, Dan O'Neill and 2 others like this.
  5. Iamhollywood315

Regular

Frat boi broski is heading to the slammer

Raku likes this.
  6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm seeing him in like two weeks, so if they can hold off until then, that'd be great.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Wait, Ja Rule is still a thing?

Raku likes this.
  8. Raku

Regular

Good, I'm hoping more of the people that ran "this show" are held accountable.

While yes, it was funny, and entertaining to watch unfold. I do feel bad for those who suffered, and wasted money on this. No one should get away with this, no matter how rich the victim is, or not.