Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Future Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Apr 13, 2016.

1. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

My younger brother just turned 21 and we were talking about Future because he's a big fan now. He didn't even know what Pluto was so I had to send it to him. Honestly infuriated me haha. But you're probably right and I agree on Finally Rich. A lot of the "new school" rappers really missed the mark on their debut. I like or liked almost everyone you listed at some point and none of the debuts hold up at all. With how bad I think Thank Me Later is now it's shocking how far Drake came.

2. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, this is probably a good idea. I downloaded 19 and Boomin, so I'll give that a spin. I mean, I like Future's lyrics and flow too, so I'm not solely listening for the production, but beats are definitely are what originally brought me to Future. I've always enjoyed Future from a distance (mostly his singles), but mainly because of the beats. I finally gave EVOL a proper listen a few weeks ago, and gained more respect for him as an overall artists and became an instant fan of just about everything he's done (with a slight preference more towards more recent stuff)

3. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I honestly probably need to spend more time with the pre-Monster stuff. I've listened to and liked his whole discography, but as a new listener, I've gravitated to the new stuff.

4. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

God bless

5. OotyPa

fall away

I can think of tons of new rappers who just recently put out fantastic debuts

6. OotyPa

fall away

not tons but like a few

7. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

not superstars and not ones that have proven to be massively influential over the past fiveish years

8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

You loved Thank Me Later so much back in the day, haha

TheWater(s) likes this.
  9. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Lol I think I even wrote a really bad user review. I've tried listening multiple times this month and I only still like 3 or 4 tracks. So glad he's done with the hashtag rap for the most part.

10. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

damn they didnt even give wicked its on release its just a track on evol now lol

11. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

similar to future in a lot of ways (also a banger!)

12. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

13. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

14. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

didn't like that performance at all. couldn't even tell if he was rapping.

15. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

you thought i forgot about us?

16. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

"yall must be desiigner fans or ciara fans or some shit..."

17. Horrorca

Trusted

Turn On the Lights is a fuckin' anthem

Cameron and Chaplain Tappman like this.
  18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So almost a year ago I dl'd Pluto to get into Future for how much praise he got on AP. I haven't really listened to it since then. After moving onto Beast Mode, and the rest of his discog it's gonna be interesting to dive back into Pluto.

19. Horrorca

Trusted

it still goes hard

Tony Montana, Same Time, Turn On bang hard

20. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Finally saw him live this past Friday and it was amazing.

21. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Pluto is a classic

Cameron likes this.
  22. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

My friend and I stuck around for his set at Pot of Gold Festival. I was a little obsessed with Fuck Up Some Commas for a few days after that.

I can't get into his stuff though. I don't like the lyrics at all. Some of the beats are good as hell, though.

23. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

fuck yeah

ChiliTacos and Cameron like this.
  24. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

nice

25. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Hell yeah, that's great for Mr. Wilburn.