Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Future Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

2. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

3. cherrywaves

Trusted

How did it take you this long to make this thread?

4. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

schlotty made this and the EVOL thread originally (which i was MAD about) but then it got nuked

5. cherrywaves

Trusted

Oh ok that makes sense haha

6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I have recently become fairly obsessed with Future. Aside from podcasts, he's about the only thing I've listened to in weeks.

7. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Also, anyone have any recs for similar stuff? I particularly enjoy his newer sound (Purple Reign, EVOL) - I guess the production is one of the aspects that really draws me in. (Metro, 808 mafia, Esco, etc...)

8. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Might be into Young Thug, although hes much weirder than Future.

If you're into the sexy R&B side of Future, check out Ty Dolla $ign's Free TC album
    If you like that dark druggy Future, check out Travis Scott's mixtape Days Before Rodeo

9. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I also got super into Future for a while but funny enough, it was DS2 and WATTBA for me, just couldn't get into Purple Reign and Evol as much, tbh they sound a little rushed to me. That said, I totally second the Travis Scott/dark druggy Future comparison. That's what attracts me to Future and I dig Travis' stuff as well

10. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I feel like about 90% of my music listening this year has been either Future or TLOP.

11. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I think I'm gonna check out Days Before Rodeo. Thanks.

12. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

DS2 is great too, don't get me wrong.... and WATTBA is good, but for me personally, lacked something. Thanks for seconding the Travis rec. I heard no so great things about Rodeo, but have heard positive things about Day Before and Owl Pharoah. Will grab those.

13. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

ughhhhh i hate travis scott lol. if youre into the production honestly i'd just peep the metro boomin prod discog page on wiki haha.

14. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Travis scott bites on everyone in hip hop but hes got some undeniably good songs

I didnt wanna recommend desiigner or any of the other copies of futures sound tho

15. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

id honestly listen to panda before literally any travis scott song except maybe 3500 and thats because future is actually on that one and 2 chainz has amazing lines

16. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Cant stand panda its like a joke song to me now

17. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Travi$ has like two good songs imo he's so annoying. Even his better to decent songs are only good because of the features.

18. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Rodeo has like 5 or so tracks that I love.

19. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

good songs travis scott is on:
    night riders by major lazer

????

20. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Drugs You Should Try Them is a fantastic song

Idk i like most of Days Before Rodeo. Production is awesome and luv the features

21. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Lol I like Drugs You Should Try and songs that feature Thug just so I can hear Thug. But you got the rest pretty much.

22. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

i could maybe be convinced that mamacita is good but im honestly not even sure about that.

23. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Rodeo one of the worst albums I've ever heard though.

24. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

This came up on shuffle on my drive to work this morning and reminded me of how much I loved Honest and wish more people did.

OotyPa likes this.
  25. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

more people should recognize pre monster future in general, honestly. endlessly frustrating that pluto is now not even a part of the conversation anymore despite being like THE singular rap debut of the 2010s. like what other rap star dropped their debut in this decade? thank me later has aged like piss, meeks debut was "fine" and basically a glorified mixtape, waka is not really relevant anymore post-flockavelli, LongLiveAsap was a disappointing mess that even Yams didnt like, GKMC is GKMC but hasn't really seeped into the sounds of the genre at all because it was already so classicist in a lot of ways. Wale? J Cole? yeah right. The best counter argument is probably finally rich.

TheWater(s) likes this.