Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fuse Talk with Blink-182

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Fuse sat down and talked with Blink-182 about their upcoming album, California. The band liked the other songs that didn’t make the album enough that they may save them for another album:

There weren’t any that we started where we were like, “No, that song’s not good.” Some were better than others, and obviously we put the best on the record, but we have so many more left over that we want to continue working on them and either use them for the next record or maybe do an EP.

They also discuss in more detail the title of the album and the themes found throughout:

It wasn’t a deliberate choice, but when we started writing lyrics and coming up with song titles, we were in the valley of Los Angeles. It was a perfect California winter, and it was sunny and hot every single day. John’s studio, it’s basically indoor-outdoor with palm trees everywhere. We were writing songs called “San Diego,” “Los Angeles,” “California,” and shouting out all these California punk-rock bands, lyrics to songs, and it just had this theme of California, this beautiful, endless opportunity with something weird or twisted underneath it. All the songs kind of have that. It’s a really catchy album, a really melodic album. There are all these hooks everywhere. It has an edge to it, a darker side. It just seemed like what California means to the three of us.

2. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Exciting that we may get the songs that didn't make the cut in some form eventually :)

Dirty Sanchez and Brandon Allin like this.
  3. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

I'm fine if they put out an EP, can't wait to get this record

Brandon Allin likes this.
  4. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

Everything they're saying about this album sounds exactly like what I wanted it to be.

Cola., GetUpAndrew, Jake Z and 2 others like this.
  5. skurt

It's like they read my thoughts and then wrote the album based on it.

Brandon Allin likes this.
  6. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

As a sucker for soaring hooks and irresistible melodies, this definitely jumped out at me.

"It’s a really catchy album, a really melodic album. There are all these hooks everywhere. It has an edge to it, a darker side."

All signs se to indicate this could be a beaut.

7. Jake Z

Regular

Love every part of that. It's so cool to hear Mark and Travis talk with so much pride and be so excited to make music they want to make again. And then for Matt(who has been underrated for so long) to get the chance to experience this, is so fucking rad. I couldn't be happier for the band.

slimfenix182 and clockwise like this.
  8. Jacob Davidson

Regular

Absoluteblink182.fm

9. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

All this Blink news is awesome. So glad that they seem excited about making this music.

Jacob Davidson and Jason Tate like this.
  10. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Awesome. California is my most anticipated release along with To Be Everywhere Is To Be Nowhere.

skurt likes this.
  11. skurt

The more I listen to Bored to Death and the more interviews I read/listen/watch the more I anticipate it to.

12. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

It feels incredibly weird and awesome to be genuinely excited about blink again. Shit, this is cool

Dirty Sanchez and slimfenix182 like this.
  13. Cola.

I was such a looker in the old days Prestigious

Word. It makes me glad Matt was the one they picked to replace Tom.

14. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

Just waiting for Brand New to drop a surprise album June 30th.

15. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

This, new Saosin, and This Wild Life(?) if it comes out this year are my most anticipated

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  16. Zummy

Everything I'm hearing about this album has gotten me so excited. It feels like it's been a lot longer than 5 years since they released an album because Neighborhoods came out of a bad place. California is a breath of fresh air for Blink 182.

17. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

CHRISTMAS EP

Will blow Doge Eating Dogs out of the water!!

18. skurt

No synthesizers

19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

This is sounding really good. All signs point to a huge comeback.