Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Further Reading: ‘Spider-Man’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Did you see Spider-Man: Homecoming this weekend? Are you looking for more and want to check out the spectacular world of comic books that inspired this friendly neighborhood web-slinger’s cinematic adventures? Members of our comic book thread have assembled some great recommendations perfect for anyone who wants to dive into the world of Spider-Man.

If you’re looking for even more Spider-stuff, I recommend checking out the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon, the Spider-Gwen series, and the entire run of Miles Morales: Spider-Man, all three are very good.

Tim and xapplexpiex like this.
  2. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Yep, Spider-Gwen is so good. But, if you want to get into it, look for volume 0, not volume 1. The 5 issue series came before the current one and Marvel publishes trades in a weird way.

Tim likes this.
  3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Good recs here. Enjoyed helping to put this thing together with @dadbolt, @Deanna, @xapplexpiex, and @SpyKi! Especially since Spidey is my favorite superhero. Also, listen to @Jason Tate and read Miles Morales Spider-Man. So consistently great.

Addition recommendation: Marvel just launch a new Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man series last month. It's written by Chip Zdarsky (Howard the Duck, Sex Criminals) with Andy Kubert and Jordie Bellaire on art. Lots of fun, only 1 issue in so far, and accessible to new readers.

4. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Tim, dadbolt and Jason Tate like this.
  5. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Should we be looking for a specific post or page in the thread or is the post just referring to the recs on the first page?

6. Everything's on the first page, we edited it in.

7. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Gotcha, thanks! Also, do you recommend a comixology subscription or anything like that?

8. I'd ask around in the comic thread for their opinions on that one. Personally, I do read stuff using Marvel Unlimited and comixology. So, I do go digital with a lot of my reading these days.

js977 likes this.
  9. Tim

Yeah @js977, come to the comic book thread for more questions/advice/recommendations!

Comic Book - Comic Books

I don't read digitally, but if you're into that, definitely look into a Marvel Unlimited subscription.

js977 and Jason Tate like this.
  10. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Loved Miles first two runs as Spider-Man, his current one is just kinda okay. I still wanna check out spidergwen tho

11. Tim

The current arc is really good. Feels a lot like the first run, imo.

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Ya think? For some reason I dig the second run more

13. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Heard the new movie was gas

14. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Not sure what that means lol. New movie was incredible, amazing, phenomenal, etc, etc.