Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Furnace Fest 2022 Tour • Page 25

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Garrett, Nov 26, 2021.

1. I still think it's like the second or third best pop punk album of that era. I have big regrets about not traveling the last time they reunited.

2. mikeb1124

Regular

I regret so badly going to Riot instead of Furnace this year. Will not make that mistake next year.

3. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Good to know! Sounds comparable to Four Chord in Pittsburgh, which was super managable.

4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Trying to figure out if I’m doing another write up for the site like last year. I just keep thinking about Norma Jean and Thrice, haha.

5. Nate_Johnson Sep 26, 2022
    (Last edited: Sep 26, 2022)
    Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Nobody went to see Figure Four or American Nightmare?!

…and Bleeding Through!!!

I also heard Earth Crisis played an insane set.

The idea of the fest seems really cool but a lot of people I follow on Twitter were saying it was a huge dust bowl.

riotspray likes this.
  6. Garrett

It was extremely dusty this year, yeah. It's been a dryer summer, so I'm guessing that's why. I also feel like there were a little more mosh bros than last year, and the dust clouds definitely formed from the pit outwards.

The Saturday conflicts were as such that you couldn't go wrong with pretty much any choice you made. On a different day, I'd probably have watched FF/BT/EC.

American Nightmare played around the same time I got back home. I saw a picture of their crowd and it was sparse, to say the least. They were going up against the Descendents and Mom Jeans, so at least one of those makes sense to me.

I'm still confused on how some bands got very high poster billing (Midtown, Avail, to name two) to end up with such a weird spot on the line-up.

7. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

This is so cool. I would lose my mind if The Chariot ever plays a show again. At least Josh is acknowledging the band's existence.

8. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Holy shit.

Also Fever 333 on the Plug Your Holes stages Ive said it before and I’ll say it again!

9. timcsheehan

Regular

Man I haven’t thought about that record in a long time. Reckon I’ll throw it on tomorrow.

troyplaysbass likes this.
  10. timcsheehan

Regular

I feel like Chasing Victory would be a kickass addition.

11. Jon

Regular

What's on everyone's wishlist?

12. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Always TREOS

SmashRipsaw likes this.
  13. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I mean you could literally pick any band to be on the bill.

14. Garrett

MEET ME AT THE SHORE and my knees would forget that I’m almost 33 in less than a second

15. Garrett

The Wonder Years and Spanish Love Songs would be really cool gets in the pop punk side that I think would be huge hits in that crowd.

Love to see some younger emo bands like Barely Civil or ManDancing (rip).

Chasing Victory and Haste the Day reunions would rip as always discussed.

AFI doing a Sing the Sorrow set would be a monster. The Used would probably be a good fit. It’s pretty easy to see a lot of the mid-00s big names slotting into the festival.

Yellowcard doing Ocean Avenue seems like an easy layup guess.

Oviedotiger likes this.
  16. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

TREOS for sure. The Chariot. Maybe they could convince Botch to play a set. I'm surprised Story of the Year hasn't been asked to play.

17. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I'm very curious to see what Third String pulls out for So What and Furnace next year. I'd for sure go back to So What, lineup depending, and I might try and make this work next year.

18. marchofmarty

there is no happy here Prestigious

Friday:

Close Your Eyes
    Midtown
    Norma Jean
    Fiddlehead from across the street on the patio of Back Forty
    end of Alexisonfire
    New Found Glory
    Thrice

Saturday:

Mychildren Mybride
    little bit of The Appleseed Cast
    Misery Signals
    Hidden in Plain View
    Poison The Well
    Maylene
    beginning of Sunny Day

Sunday:

Free Throw
    Soul Glo
    Four Year Strong
    Periphery
    Nothing
    The Story so Far
    Mom Jeans
    first half of Mastodon

had Pho Cue every night for dinner and an ice cream cone from that tent at the end of each night. Back Forty across the street is super clutch; we hung out there at least once every day this year and last year. my friend and I had a great weekend but we're unsure about next year. a lot of is depending on the lineup. Birmingham is an awesome city and Sloss is a really cool venue but I feel like this year's lineup (for me and my group) was a downgrade from last year. we had four in our group last year but this time it was just two of us.

it also sucks that my wife's birthday is September 22nd. last year it was fine because I traveled on the 23rd, but this year she drove me to the airport on her birthday (Thursday) and next year it would be the first day of the fest. if there's a big reunion like Botch or something like Fear Before or The Blood Brothers it would be hard skipping out on it.

19. marchofmarty

there is no happy here Prestigious

also, as someone from Chicago, this fest blows Riot Fest out of the water. just wish it fell on a different weekend of the year

20. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Not bad at all. The area is tiny compared to Riot Fest.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  21. Nate_Johnson Sep 26, 2022
    (Last edited: Sep 26, 2022)
    Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Also, Shai Hulud was there!

“Bro” comment aside, this may have felt so because of the large number of metal and hardcore acts this year. But I do agree with a previous post where this years lineup was not as good. Although there we some great acts that showed up.

22. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I hope you got the burger from Back Forty, one of my favorites in town.

23. Garrett

the brisket egg rolls are far too tasty. had them both years.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  24. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I was very into the Christian metalcore scene this festival was rooted in, so any of the Underoath, Norma Jean, Becoming the Archetype, Haste the Day, August Burns Red, Zao, He Is Legend, As Cities Burn, Chasing Victory, MATSOD, etc works for me, and they've done a good job getting most of these involved.

Other than that, some bands I like that I would love to see: Coheed, AFI, Anberlin, Saosin/Circa Survive, The Wonder Years, Deftones (too big to headline?) Title Fight (I can dream right), Touche Amore, Joyce Manor, Pianos Become the Teeth, La Dispute, Defeater (are they still active? Really think they're a good fit if so), Foxing, Turnover (maybe a bridge too far), Citizen, Tigers Jaw, Valleyheart, Copeland, TWIABP, and Greyhaven.

I'll come back and quote this when they announce the next lineup. Mainly what I noticed when looking at a list of bands I like and who I'd like to play is how good of a job they've done so far. There's always going to be a slight dropoff from year one to year two, but I'm excited to see what they can put together for next year.

25. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I think Deftones are way too big for that fest. The biggest act this year that is still active is maybe Mastodon or Manchester Orchestra?