Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Furnace Fest 2020 Festival • Page 32

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by estebanwaseaten, Dec 11, 2019.

1. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

The Evergreen Terrace set sounded excellent. I couldn’t get into Plug for it, but I really dug it for a band I’d never listened to (but discovered I’d seen thirteen years ago).

3. Garrett

Looking at hotel options for next year while bored at work and it appears a lot of people started booking already since they announced the dates. Lots of “only one left at this rate”

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  4. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Those "only one left!!!" messages are not real, it's made to create a sense of urgency so you will book it ASAP.

In reality, it's almost a year from now and no one knows where they will be a year from now so there's no real reason to book anything right now.

5. Garrett

I switched services to the actual hotel chain I was looking at/wanted and on their website it said sold out entirely.

6. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

As someone who worked at a hotel in the past, I’m sure they blocked off those dates online until it’s closer to the date. The hotel I worked at did that to prevent people from getting cheap deals by booking in advance for high demand weekends.

7. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Some of the biggest websites won't even allow you to book a date that far ahead... I would at least wait until there's a lineup announced.

8. Garrett

like I said, was just looking out of boredom. There’s a Bama home game that weekend, too, and I know that affects things.

Micah511 likes this.
  9. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Holy shit Botch reunion at Furnace Fest ‘22 please

10. Garrett

bottom right hashtag

11. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I said reunion set at Furnace Fest. Great marketing for the reissues.

12. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

I heard from one of the promoters that next year they are going to go all out for a The Chariot reunion. If it doesn’t happen next year, it never will

13. Garrett

Mike is one of the promoters, too. If Riot Fest is burning the reunion bridge (or whatever this tweet is)… bring My Chem to Birmingham, haha.

coleslawed likes this.
  14. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Actually, I rather not have them at FF. Leave to huge bands for Riot. One of the best things about FF was that it wasn't super crowded.

15. Garrett

Also, if the same date pattern holds, they're playing Music Midtown the weekend before in Atlanta because of rescheduling, so they're probably radius blocked.

16. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

That Bama game is against Vanderbilt, shouldn't really affect hotels in the Birmingham area. If it was LSU or Auburn or Florida or something, we'd have a problem (I got married in Birmingham the weekend of a Bama LSU game in Tuscaloosa... not a crowd you want to be fighting for hotel rooms).

Garrett likes this.
  17. OneWing

Regular

I know that there's a 1% chance of it actually happening, but imagine if they managed to get both Botch and The Chariot next year

18. Garrett

I live in Knoxville, so definitely understand the SEC football scheduling. My friend is getting married this weekend right as the UT-Scar match is letting out. I am not looking forward to fighting that traffic.

Micah511 likes this.
  19. Oviedotiger

Regular

There was a Bama game this past year against Mercer and it was still somewhat hard to find good places at a decent rate. Make sure you jump on it early!

20. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

There's 100% chance that Twitter post from Riot Fest is trolling. They know their lane and their schtick at this point. Keep it up, lads.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  21. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

This looks AMAZING

riotspray likes this.
  22. peoplearepoison

2CB12A25-21E9-4984-8DC9-4C325B0ED55B.png AD6904DD-31BA-4B03-9EBC-BFDB2869B2AA.png

Attached Files:

OneWing and SmashRipsaw like this.
  23. peoplearepoison

Goes up 2pm eastern

24. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

As someone who couldn’t go, I’ve loved reading about people’s experiences. @Garrett’s account in particular was brilliant.

I enjoyed this from organiser Chad Johnson:

cyclones_37, Garrett and Mary V like this.
  25. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary