Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Furnace Fest 2020 Festival • Page 31

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by estebanwaseaten, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

Nice! I saw you at Dying Wish. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Beloved, Comeback Kid, Showbread, ETID, As Cities Burn, and He Is Legend were my personal standouts. Turnstile, Anberlin, and Zao were also big ones. Also, Deafheaven in the shed was kind of surreal since the sun was just starting to set and shine through the windows while the lights and fog were going crazy. It was just kind of a surreal atmosphere.

2. CTFFEMT93

Regular

My gf and I wanted to see Deafheaven so badly but I was still waiting to be discharged when they were playing. We were very disappointed to miss them and that description makes me even more sad.

3. bkaeser93

Trusted

What about Greeley Estates?

4. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Both should do a festival run of Riot, Furnace, and Fest with maybe something else before Riot. Give people what they want and make a little cash for a low commitment along the way.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  5. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Immediately after Boysetsfire finished their set I ran out to catch the last few songs of MIW and I was bummed that I haven't done it sooner... There was not a lot of crowd but the ones that were there were great people that came to enjoy live music. I only caught the last 3 songs of their set and after I saw the setlist I was bummed that I missed the rest.

6. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I wouldn’t mind most of this year’s lineup on next year’s, so honestly as long as the quality is the same I could be happy.

OneWing likes this.
  7. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Just read this story to my wife. Incredible!

8. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Furnace Fest 2022 should bring back Title Fight

9. Garrett

idk dude there is the guy that crowd surfed to every time i die in a wheelchair

CTFFEMT93, coleslawed and Oviedotiger like this.
  10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Another easy way for me to buy a ticket

HelloThisIsDog likes this.
  11. xburningcoffin

KC

I’d agree with most people’s experiences, this was a well planned, laid out, and executed festival. I don’t like festivals and I really enjoyed this one. The Sloss Furnaces was a fantastic location for this to take place-just beautiful decaying landmark & the sound was great all weekend. I chose to eat a bigger meal before I got there and the last 2 days were much better for getting food and beer in a reasonable time.
    Highlights: Jeremy Enigk, FSF, Juliana Theory, Beloved, Turnstile, Codeseven, The Beautiful Mistake
    Lowpoints: Mineral and The Appleseed Cast weren’t as enjoyable as I’d hoped…. all the overly sentimental compliments from bands, it was kinda annoying after hearing it from a lot of acts. They had such a short amount of time to play and it was just awkward. Long lines for beverages.
    Bands that should play next year: Texas is the Reason, Karate, Manchester Orchestra, Holding Patterns, Poison the Well, Isis, Cursive, Cymbals Eat Guitars, Story of the Year, This Day Forward, Fairweather, The Stryder, Quicksand, Armor for Sleep, Latterman, Tera Melos, Damiera, Coheed and Cambria, The Mars Volta, Braid, Hey Mercedes, Alkaline Trio, The Anniversary, Recover, Elliott, Lifetime, Paint it Black, Kid Dynamite, Cap N Jazz, Jawbreaker, Jets to Brazil, The Promise Ring, Maritime…I can go on forever

12. timcsheehan

Regular

Keith’s excitement and pure joy at seeing that was such a great moment.

Garrett likes this.
  13. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I just moved to Birmingham, and the chaos of moving combined with having an under 1 year old meant this weekend just wasn't in the cards for me. Glad to hear all the positive things about the festival/Birmingham overall. I hope to see y'all next year! Coheed is my biggest wishlist, and I second what someone said about comparing this to wrecking ball, but this trends a little more 2000s metalcore than wrecking ball, which trended more punk for the most part.

14. CTFFEMT93

Regular

That dude was such a fucking champ and Keith’s reaction was priceless

Garrett likes this.
  15. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Was that the same guy who did it in Emery's Thursday show? He seemed like he was buddy with many of the band members that evening, I won't be surprised if he plays or played in some sort of a band.

16. Brodobaggins34

I was also wondering if it was the same guy. I never got a good look at his face. He could play with Holy Gold - I noticed during their set that their bass player was in a wheelchair.

theasteriskera likes this.
  17. mjy12892

I used the festival generator site for a mock up 2022… Tear me apart! Tell me how awful! i dont care It was fun.. Had and absolute blast this year. ETID, Unearth, Turnstile, Underoath, Knocked Loose, were my highlights!

Attached Files:

Garrett likes this.
  18. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Is there any official place where videos from this are being posted? Would love to see some of these sets.

19. mikeb1124

Regular

I would pay an ungodly amount of money to go to your Furnace Fest haha

20. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

SmashRipsaw likes this.
  21. Garrett

I thought about making a festival line up mock up if the government shuts down (my job involves working with HUD and they all go on furlough if it happens).

22. Garrett

coleslawed, wade, Crisp X and 3 others like this.
  23. Brodobaggins34

Awesome review. I’ve had a hard time putting into words how I felt about the whole weekend, so kudos to you for going for it. Made me tear up a couple times thinking about things I experienced too.

showbread was awesome and I’m sad you had to miss them, but understand. They seemed super apprehensive setting up before the show. They were kind of acting like at any second, someone was going to spring a trap on them.

Once they started playing, they seemed genuinely shocked people were going as crazy for them as they were. Lots of crowd surfing, lots of grabbing the mic, lots of singing along.

They sounded great and played a great mix of songs, mostly from No Sir and Age of Reptiles. Josh made the statement that the songs they were playing meant more to them today than they ever did when they wrote them, which was kind of interesting.

I talked to Patrick, the bass player, for a few minutes later on in the night and he mentioned playing furnace fest “wasn’t at the top of my list of things I wanted to do this weekend” but that he had a lot of fun. So I got the feeling there were a lot of conflicting emotions overall hahah.

But all in all, it was an awesome set and a highlight for me.

24. Garrett likes this.
  25. Garrett

Thanks, Mary!