Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Furnace Fest 2020 Festival • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by estebanwaseaten, Dec 11, 2019.

1. TheSlyTurtle

Regular

If AILD is announced, it's going to be really hard for me to justify supporting Furnace Fest in any capacity, even if it is in my hometown.

2. Darth Annihilus

Regular

I'm just having a hard time justifying the ticket price when i bought tickets for the fests with Metallica for a cheaper than this.

3. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I think some of the justification can be found in the appeal to nostalgia for people in their late twenties/early thirties who grew up with all these bands that are now either coming out of retirement/hiatus to play a fest all on the same weekend. However you split it, still very expensive haha especially with the rumor mill going about bands like aild potentially showing up on the bill.

4. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, I'd probably pay $100 just to see Misery Signals alone.

coleslawed and Nate_Johnson like this.
  5. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Yeah as I've already stated, I would pay a lot of money to see Beloved play.

6. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Ithaca is teasing something and would fit in very well with the lineup. First time in the states. Fingers crossed!

riotspray likes this.
  7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Ticket prices are ridiculous. When festivals with bigger artists charge cheaper for tickets than this festival, it begs the question why they are charging so much. Also, the VIP Beloved meet & greet and merch bundle that costs over $100 more than the GA price...are Beloved really worth that money? They aren't like some massive band that demand such big prices...

8. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

paid meet and greets are kinda lame to begin with

If you make them affordable and include something extra special like a private acoustic set, or letting fans watch the soundcheck or a Q&A, then fine, but I've been to a few where it's "get in line, take your picture, get a signature, move on" and that's a bummer, especially when you have to pay extra for it.

9. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Who is the promoter for Furnace Fest?

10. Mtlman1331

Trusted

I mean they did sell the 1000 early bird tickets they set aside, but yea I mean it’s gonna be a good time but by “fest prices” it is so overpriced. My only guess is they figured there would be enough of a niche to charge what they are charging and guarantee a profit.

11. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Can't fault the hustle if people are paying the posted ticket prices for this shindig. *shrug*

coleslawed likes this.
  12. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

The takehold records dude

13. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Yeah, it's Chad Johnson I believe.

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  14. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

4 more bands being announced today. Any guesses?

15. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

This is pure speculation, with little reasoning behind it, but I'll guess Funeral For a Friend, On Broken Wings, Killswitch Engage, and idk...

16. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I think:
    18V
    Shadows Fall
    KSE
    Ithaca

riotspray likes this.
  17. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Add 18 Visions as my 4th guess. I totally forgot they've been promoting stuff lately.

Has Shadow's Fall had any kind of news about them in years? I haven't heard anything since the AOJB tour with KSE when Jesse first came back.

18. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Some members have hinted at things over the years. But nothing concrete.

riotspray likes this.
  19. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

mayyybe Poison the Well

20. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

That’s a no go I would bet money on. But hey stranger things can happen!

Let’s go Throwdown!

Actually, Most Precious Blood wouldn’t be completely out of line, right?

riotspray likes this.
  21. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, you're probably right about PTW. I'm just trying to think of bands from that era that would fit in genre-wise and are currently active, or could possibly be coming out of hiatus.

I'd totally be into Throwdown, but haven't heard a peep out of them in ages. MPB would be cool too. Disembodied has been playing some fests.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  22. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Oh! I have a really good one:

It Dies Today

riotspray likes this.
  23. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Saw them in 2007 with Comeback Kid, It Dies Today, This Is Hell, Endwell and Parkway Drive. It was siiiiick.

24. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I think it makes sense to see Eighteen Visions pop up at some point for this. Parkway Drive would be rad.

25. rmjk56

I'm guessing New Found Glory gets announced at some point. They played it back in the day, the Furnace Fest twitter follows them, and they just had a Birmingham show canceled that they need to make up.