Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Furnace Fest 2020 Lineup

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. -deleted-

-

This line-up is so good that knowing I won't be able to fly to Alabama for it has me acting like it isn't happening.

SlappinCups and Chase Tremaine like this.
  3. HarrisonMonopoly

Regular

If this fest was basically anywhere in the world other than alabama in the middle of July I’d love to go. That heat sounds brutal.

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  4. WasteSomeTime

Regular

Lots of bands I haven’t heard mentioned in years

5. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

Absolutely insane lineup.

6. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

yup, this bill is absolutely bonkers

7. A handful of these bands are reuniting for this fest

8. My ticket is absolutely purchased. Beloved babayyyy!!!!

riotspray and Anthony_Soprano like this.
  9. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

Not that it might do much to change your mind, but it's in September.

I'm honestly surprised this site hasn't covered this festival more, with the reunions of bands like Terminal and Juliana Theory being announced weeks-to-months ago.

10. halowithascrewloose

Newbie Supporter

Flippin’ TERMINAL !?!?

11. -deleted-

-

Don’t think the majority of the Chorus crowd care for the line-up or think it’s as big of a deal as it is.

12. daldalian

I know right? I can't find a damn thing online about them in 2020 other than the FF announcement, but I'm hoping they cook up more than just this one set.

13. Yeah I submitted the news tip when the news first broke that Furnace Fest would be returning and Beloved would be reuniting for it, but the news never got posted.

It makes sense, on the one hand, that the news wouldn't go up until the full festival roster had been revealed and once tickets went up for sale, plus the news posts on Chorus are so much more limited and curated than they were on AP. Back in those days, there probably would've been a news post for every single band thay reunited for this fest. Inefficient, but fitting.

On the other hand, though, these just aren't the artists that most of Chorus gets hyped about the way they used to.

14. Don't worry, they've been cooking up a reunion for years. I think one of their original members passed away a year or two ago, though? That must've been a huge setback, and, if I'm remembering correctly, they still haven't found the right person to permanently fill those shoes. And the whole situation probably made them question whether returning was the right thing to do.

Sorry for the heavy mix of insider details and total conjecture.

15. This is the best line up ever

16. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Wow what year is this festival taking place?!2003?

17. daldalian

Thanks! I'm really interested for them to make an announcement, loved their album back in the day.

Chase Tremaine likes this.