Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Funny/Crazy/Wild Things You've Seen At Shows • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by DarkHotline, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

I was at a Wonder Years Halloween show/ costume party. The crowd looked ridiculous moshing in costumes and the band members were all dressed as various breakfast food items. Not that crazy, but definitely a unique and hilarious thing to see.

2. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

Weird, the only time I saw them, Tyson was wearing a sparkly wedding dress and tons of eye makeup. During some song about getting married he climbed into the stands and started kissing random girls in the audience.

3. suicidesaints Apr 8, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 8, 2016)
    suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I didn't make it there in time for the opener, and I don't even remember who it was, but that crowd was wild. I've seen ETID a dozen times probably and that was by far the best show of theirs I've seen.

edit: Just looked up The News Can Wait. Are they a local band? Do you know if they're still active?

4. MrSwetz

***** Prestigious

The crowd pulled the railing out of the the pit at Lupos for the TREOS final show. That was pretty awesome.

5. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Yeah they're local and very active, touring soon but they'll be playing here, don't remember when but I'll check. Their vocalist is my own roommate and they're probably my second favorite band in Dallas.

6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Right on. I'll have to check them out. In high school/college I was more familiar with the local scene, but I'm probably 10 years behind on local music with the exception of a couple artists.

7. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

can't think of things I've seen but fun moments for me were 1st time i surfed i was so light they were throwing me up and one time didn't catch me and landed hard and the security guard jumped over the barricade, picked me up, and took me to the lobby and got some free water.

Somebody poured beer in my mouth while crowd surfing which was awesome yet unsanitary.

Me and my friends printed a picture of Jordan Pundik's face on a really busty woman and took it to a New Found Glory show and gave it to him on stage and he was pretty creeped out lol

Singing on stage and me and my friend being the last one with the mic to end a FYS set in a group chant. Forgot what song though.

8. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I got offered molly when I went to see Vasudeva play a tire factory at 2 in the morning in Detroit.

9. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Jason Reece from ...And You Will Know us By the Trail of Dead hanging upside down from the ceiling rafters at the Grog Shop and chugging Jim Beam straight from the bottle. My show experiences haven't been super crazy, clearly.

10. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

My memory is a bit hazy because I had way too much to drink that night, but a month or so ago at the Big D and the Kids Table show in St. Pete there was a ruckus in the crowd because someone supposedly stole someone's wallet, so Dave stopped playing and tried to play peacemaker, and ultimately got both guys on stage to try to resolve the situation, but the one guy just decked the other guy and dropped him on stage.

That same show I started a circle pit while carrying a pineapple over my head during the opening band. That's probably somebody else's crazy show experience haha.

11. water & solutions

I used to be love_american_style

1. System of a Down... right when they made it big played a local radio station festival. As soon as they played their first note (not exaggerating) THE ENTIRE CROWD turned into a mosh pit. I thought I was gonna die.

2. The Used when they first started getting big they toured with TBS and Blood Brothers. By the end of the set I saw Bert cough/throw up blood into his hands and continue to scream.

3. Poison the Well at the Boardwalk. They oversold tickets and the Fire Marshall came out and almost shut it down. Evidently, there was a small riot outside between hardcore kid gangs.

also, every Chariot show.

12. eggsalad

butthead

at the end of a tssf show this little dude (he was like, idk elementary or middle school) who was a few people in front of me started shoving people and was screaming belligerently after they finished the set

i still have no idea how lil dude was so strong, he was shoving big dudes too and he was shorter than me (im 5'1)

13. drstrong

I'm Back.

Alright, this is a weird one and kind of old one.

Like 2003.

Blindside was headlining, Breaking Benjamin was there and some other weird band which this incident surrounded.

I guess Blindside has a Christian following, and this other band had a song which was speaking negatively about God in one way or another. Anyway, this pretty big dude kept yelling up at the stage toward the singer; the venue was The Whiskey in Hollywood so you could hear everything going on in the crowd due to it's size.

The singer jumps down from the stage, walks right up to the guy, still singing and gets maybe a couple of inches away from him. The guy pushes the lead singer and the rest is blurry, I don't know how it ended but I thought it was funny and weird at the same time.

Also seeing American Nightmare (now Give Up the Ghost) and realizing that the lead singer only has one hand.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  14. elphshelf

In late 2001, I was seeing a package show at the Wolstein center in Cleveland called "A Not So Silent Night" and blink was headlining. Sum 41, 311, Adema (the band fronted by Jonathan Davis's half brother) and a few other bands I forget were also on the bill. Two awesome things happened:

1. The singer of Adema tried to tell the crowd to all come down to the floor and that "Nobody will stop you!" Of course, security stopped the ten people that tried to bum rush the floor.

2. During blink's set, somehow people got ahold of several industrial-size rolls of toilet paper and were throwing them all over the arena for the rest of the show. Absolutely hilarious.

15. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Lol Adema. All I remember about that band was those two lame singles they put out and that their guitar player was like a giant.

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Who invited 311, I can't see them fitting in

17. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

You comment actually made me thing of the strangest lineup I've ever seen -- 311, Barenaked Ladies, Dashboard Confessional, Rancid, Switchfoot, and Hot Hot Heat in Detroit at a radio show in probably 2003. Barenaked Ladies closed out the show, and I remember them being really mad that people were still moshing from earlier in the night. They stopped mid-song and refused to play again until people stopped. I've seen bands stop to address the crowd when it gets too violent, but it wasn't even that. It was "moshing" during Barenaked Ladies for goodness sake.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  18. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I saw Circa Survive in 2006 or 2007 at the Chameleon Club in Lancaster, PA. Part way through the set, a disco ball fell from the ceiling and nailed Anthony Green in the head. He kept singing as if nothing happened, but after the song finished, he put a towel on his head and pulled it away to reveal that he was bleeding a lot. I could see the towel because I was on the upper level to the side of the stage. He didn't slow down at all, or even mention to the crowd what had happened, but he sang the next few songs with that towel pressed to the back of his head.

19. elphshelf

They actually fit in surprisingly well and did a solid set.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  20. drstrong

I'm Back.

311 was at their peak around 2001, Come Original came out a little before that and didn't The Cure song come out around this time? Or Amber? I can't remember.

I stopped listening to these guys after Transistor came out in 97.

21. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Further Seems Forever and Copeland a few people started a moshpit for Copeland

22. elphshelf

"Brightest" really gets the pit going.

23. NotBruce

Regular

What about that Underoath show at The Underground, or the ADTR show at Club Retro? Both were waaaay over capacity and the smells were indescribable, haha.

Weirdest would be when I saw June/Juliana Theory/jamisonparker on Halloween forever ago. They were all dressed up, but the singer/guitarist for June was wearing a weird t-rex costume. It kinda looked like a dino was playing guitar and singing. Weird.

The first time I saw letlive. was pretty nuts, just cause no one knew who they were. It was a one off show they did just after Fake History came out, and it was mostly all locals except them. They killed it, Jason was insane, and it pretty much changed my perspective on live shows and bands at that time.

I'm sure I'll think of more.

24. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Holy crap I haven't thought about jamisonparker in sooooo long. I used to be so into them.

NotBruce likes this.
  25. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

Saw Heck at a festival about a year ago and so much happened within the space of about 30 minutes including, but not limited to, the audience carrying a really tall stepladder onstage which one of their guitarists climbed to the top of while playing, one of their cabinets going in the opposite direction, and both guitarists spending the last portion of their set in the crowd riding on people's shoulders.