Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Funny/Crazy/Wild Things You've Seen At Shows • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by DarkHotline, Mar 25, 2016.

1. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

yea, i saw foxy shazaam here once, and he was eating his lit cigarettes. like multiple times.. he says hes been doing it for years.

edit: already been mentioned. although i saw him outside the venue doing this. He didnt do it during the show, thats crazy. X-(

2. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Saw two dudes jerk each other off right in the middle of the crowd when I saw Tegan and Sara a few years back.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  3. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

That's one of the nastiest things I've ever heard. That would have bothered me the whole show.

4. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Yeah a lot of people were yelling at them to stop but they finished up haha it was fucked up but it didn't bother me that much. My wife (girlfriend at the time I guess haha) however had the entire show ruined because of it.

AelNire likes this.
  5. Evolution Kid

I may be going broke, but I'm never broken down. Prestigious

Most recently, I went to Less Than Jake's Losing Streak/Hello Rockview album shows in St. Pete and the first night was Chris' Mom's birthday. They brought his mom out on stage to dance with a blown up sex doll. Not sure if you'll be able to see the video from this Facebook post.. here

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  6. Evolution Kid

I may be going broke, but I'm never broken down. Prestigious

Nope. Go to the photos tab then videos and it's the 2:39 video...lol

7. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

I saw Horse The Band play in a small VFW hall in my hometown, and they started lighting joints while playing and passing them around. Than this straight edge "crew" who were just standing on the back wall the whole time starting stampeding everyone evolved and complete chaos occured.

8. mad

I was right. Prestigious

That is the most bizarre thing I've ever read.

Penguin and Drewski like this.
  9. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

I was at that show as well. I've seen them have his mom come on stage before, but the blow up doll was something. They sent it crowd surfing too haha.

Evolution Kid likes this.
  10. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Tyson from all-American rejects took and smashed this girls ipad on stage and handed her a couple hundred dollar bills. It was the most bonkers thing I've ever seen.

11. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

BDC?

12. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

At warped tour 2012 or so, I was watching Set Your Goals and there were these three guys there clearly trying to hurt other people in the pit. During Gaia Bleeds, a circle pit started and two of the guys stood next to each other and the third hoisted himself up between the two and proceeded to kick people in the head as they were running by in the circle pit. I saw a few kids come out with bloody faces. It looked like at least one of the SYG saw what was going on (he was straining his neck in the direction of the violence so Im pretty sure he could tell something was up) but they never stopped or said anything. I left that set early to go watch Motion City Soundtrack, where in Justin Pierre stopped the band in the middle of a song to make sure a girl on the barricade was okay and that she wasn't about to pass out. That contrast.

I saw a kid jump off a PA stack at a Title Fight show, no one caught him, and he broke his arm. I also had to have my picture taken before entering a different Title Fight show because several days prior, some FSU kids beat someone up at a Cockpunch show.

The first time I saw Defeater they ended the set slightly early because Derek puked on stage.

13. DarkHotline

Wild to think that Gerard would go on to marry someone from that band years later.

14. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

15. DarkHotline

I assumed that you meant somewhere in the STL area so I asked if it was Beatdown Crew.

16. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

No these guys were complete posers, this is when I still lived in Wichita.

DarkHotline likes this.
  17. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Saw Polar Bear Club at The Borderline in London (I think) and this girl and her friend were wearing full dinosaur costumes. Just because. So, dancing around, as little green dinosaurs.

Weirdly, I saw the same kid at another PBC show (Underworld this time) and she did the most painful stage dive I've ever seen. She jumped and was caught and then three morons jumped in after her, but exactly to where she had gone, so the crowd collapsed and dropped all three kids on top of her.

Amazingly, she got up, took a breather and was back in the pit a song later. It seems she must always be a spectacle.

Also walked out of a 36 Crazyfists show in Sheffield to find a guy laying on the pavement, telling his friend to call an ambulance, because he'd broken his ankle. Same show I saw someone go face first into a concrete pillar too. Good times!

18. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

saw mixtapes open for twy like five years back at starland ballroom. this guy was moshing a little too heavily, so I decided to push him a little harder than I should've (I thought I was ~~~tough~~~) and he came back up and punched me right in the jaw. my friend that I was with then tackled the guy and it was all broken up by a guy in a banana suit. later on, I was in the bathroom washing my hands and the kid who hit me was cleaning out his elbow from when my friend tackled him. I've basically stayed out of any aggressive pits since then.

another TWY show thing - when they did their first upsides shows and the last one was at the chameleon club, their friend went up on stage to help sing salinger (it was during the encore), and he fell off the stage into the barrier and a PA fell on top of him. dan said "we're the wonder years and that's a lot of blood" before they all stopped playing.

first concert I ever went to was the hush sound with a band called this is me smiling opening. THS played "don't wake me up" and the guy from TIMS came out to sing the patrick stump part. after he finished, he decided to stage dive right into a group of teenage girls and guys, and nobody even moved a muscle to try to hold him. he fell right to the floor. slightly scary but he was fine. I saw him at a Gold Motel show a few years back and asked him about it and he said he was super drunk.

19. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Yea when all American rejects were on the blink reunion tour with fob.
    Tyson had broken his leg, so he had some girl from the audience push him around in a wheelchair the whole show. He was in like a glitter onsie and on tons of pain pills. About three songs in he was cussin at the girl and everybody. It was awful. About two dates later we find out they were kicked off the tour.

20. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

you win this thread. holy shit, that's hilarious.

amorningofsleep and JimmyIymmiJ like this.
  21. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I saw Title Fight play this small sushi bar in Richmond probably like 08 or 09. Show was amazing but it got pretty rowdy and the bar tried to shut it down. A worker there tried to come up and take the mic but eventually got hit in the face. They cut the power but the drummer kept playing and the whole crowd kept singing. Then someone picked up a bar stool throw it over the bar, broke a mirror, place kind of got wrecked, the cops got called, everybody bailed. Crazy show.

22. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

OK here we go...

Went to see Fiend Without a Face and West End Motel (two of Brent Hinds from Mastodon's side projects) at Rubber Gloves in Denton. It's a tiny room, looks like a garage show or something. There's maybe 50 people there (at most). Brent is dropping acid on stage and telling the crowd about it as he's doing it/forcing it into the mouth of one of his friends who is on stage. About half way through the set, they finish a song, and Brent locks eyes with a dude in the crowd standing right next to me and my buddy. A few seconds go by and Brent just leaps off the stage and tackles this dude to the ground. Then gets up, goes back on stage and starts up the next song. Guy in the crowd was totally caught off guard and saif that he did not know Brent and had no idea what was happening. Whole show/vibe in the room was REALLY strange. Brent was then chasing some other dude around the building after the set.

Saw Every Time I Die play at the Loft in Dallas. Also a tiny room, holds like 500 people, but the floor holds like 100. Got there only to be told the show was sold out. As I was wandering around contemplating a way to get in, the door guy says "I got one more ticket. Come on." So I pay him to get in (my gf had somehow already managed to just walk right past him and into the show) - Place is PACKED to the gills. The stage is basically on the floor with the pit. Crowd was the craziest I've ever seen, and I've been to hundreds of metal/hardcore shows. People were crowd surfing and then grabbing hold of the chandlers and swinging from them and jumping into the crowd.

Was on the lawn for Deftones/Godsmack (this was probably 15 years ago). During Deftones a guy moshing on the lawn loses his footing and slips, sliding down the hill and literally snapping his leg in half. The bone in his shin was sticking out. Ambulance had to drive into the venue and take the guy out.

muttley likes this.
  23. jmitch0906

Quorn

Always wondered what that band would have been like live

24. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I actually think it might have been that year.

25. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Oh hey I was at that ETID show. The News Can Wait opened who I love.