Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Funny/Crazy/Wild Things You've Seen At Shows • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by DarkHotline, Mar 25, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Foxy Shazam and letlive. have pretty wild shows.

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

when I saw Morrissey someone jumped up on stage and tried to hug Morrissey who looked like he saw a ghost

fame likes this.
  3. mad

I was right. Prestigious

One time I saw Fucked Up and I wasn't paying attention to how this started but suddenly they had a box of pizza on stage and the singer was eating pizza while singing and throwing pizza into the audience.

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This is basically how I imagine every single Fucked Up show going.

5. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I'm totally picturing Pink Eye being in the nude while doing this.

6. DarkHotline

I remember the first time I saw DEP, they opened for Killswitch Engage and they played their whole set with blue and red strobes going off in their stacks. Felt like being in that Polygon episode of Pokemon.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  7. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I saw Nuno from A Wilhelm Scream tell a sound guy one of the monitors on the stage was broken and they ended up arguing about it for a minute (apparently the sound guy was drunk, as was Nuno). The sound guy muted Nuno's mic, which understandably made him unhappy. They both wound up going outside of the club to do whatever before coming back in and starting the show.

Also saw the singer for The Gay Blades fall off of the stage and land on some girl.

That's all I've got.

8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

I saw the guy from Daylight/Superheaven kick a guy who landed on him from crowdsurfing, then the guy yelled at him after

Prawn dudes picked up Connor from Foxing while playing trumpet on the end of Rory and held him up while he did that part

9. fishguts182

Regular

Pete Wentz fighting a security guard at the end of their show. I believe this was in 2007.

10. DarkHotline

I saw the dudes from Deafheaven go into the strip club next door to Pop's while I was waiting for the doors to open for the BTBAM show in 2014.

amorningofsleep and Brenden like this.
  11. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Lol I remember at the 2012(?) warped tour i was walking by the main stage and kids removed the metal gates separating the seats/pit and began crowd surfing on them. That was pretty amusing.

12. fame

i thought this was chorus.FM?? Prestigious

hahaha, forgot about this.

"yeah..THAT'S WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU FUCK WITH MY FRIENDS YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE!!"

13. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I've definitely told this story multiple times on AP, but one time I saw Cancer Bats open for Alexisonfire and the bassist spat into the air and it landed right on my friend's face.

Penguin and amorningofsleep like this.
  14. fishguts182

Regular

I heard the security guard ended up getting some crap for it because he was training to become an MMA fighter at the time.

fame likes this.
  15. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

At Bamboozle 2012, so many middle aged women were in the crowd for Brand New while waiting for Bon Jovi to come on, and they all were yelling and got really annoyed at how crazy the crowd was getting.

16. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Not so much at the show, but right after Cro-Mags played United Blood Fest a few years everybody leaves the venue and is funneled into an alley way. This white ford explorer with some dude starts driving down the alley way honking at people and almost hitting people. Some dude comes up and punches out his back window and then kids start grabbing the golf clubs out of his trunk and start smashing in his windows and shit. It was crazy. Cops came, everybody dipped.

17. Tata Toothy

Regular

1. Senses fail at the old Saratoga winters, it was a wide open venue with the bar in the back. It had a second floor with a balcony so crew members/ family could watch the band without being in the crowd. So buddy climbs up the speakers gets on the balcony starts singing bite to break skin and proceed to jump off into the crowd.

2. Any blood for blood mosh pit, I loved the band but hated seeing them live. Way to many assholes there just to simply hurt people. FSU.

3. Lamb of God doing the wall of death at a show.

18. Jams

Trusted

I had lawn seats at a show. The guy in front of us was very, very drunk. He went to the bathroom and came back with a toilet seat around his neck. Some other random guy decided it would be funny to dare him to lick the seat. So the idiot did it. And not the part you sit on, the part underneath where the water and all the nastiness splashes up. You could actually see the streak where he licked all the shit off of it. I almost threw up. He then decided to pull his pants down and try to shit in it. We somehow convinced him to pull his pants up before anything happened thankfully. Later he got it confiscated by security because he lit a fire in it. It was a weird night.

19. The Pharmacist

Legal Drug Dealer Prestigious

Aww that awesome

joe.boy.fresh. and AelNire like this.
  20. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

There are others, but this one comes to mind almost instantaneously.

December 13th, 2003. I remember the date because Sadaam Hussein was captured that morning. My Chemical Romance was opening for Mindless Self Indulgence at Irving Plaza in NYC.

It was FREEZING that day. Bitterly cold in the single digits, snow on the ground, periods of rain and sleet, the whole thing. I was young (9th grade) and would often hit MCR shows 6+ hours early and wait in line. There were some shows where there were only 15 people there...on the indoor soccer field at Oil City Skatepark in Oceanside, NY comes to mind (Vaux, Murder By Death and The Sleeping opened).

I was with a girl I knew through the old My Chemical Romance message boards who was 10+ years older and flew to Long Island from Colorado for the shows (I know). We arrive and get some of the first spots in line. Eventually MSI fans establish a "Tarp Town" and put around 30 people under this massive tarp. They HOLD ELECTIONS for political positions in Tarp Town. They are dead serious. People are making speeches. Votes are held. I'm so beyond confused. Eventually they found out we were there for MCR and they all got super weird and osctracized us from the Tarp Town community. Literally. I should have known this was a bad omen for the show.

Show starts and this girl and I are about 4 rows of people back from the barricade. Despite MCR being an NJ band, it really felt like we were the only people there for them. Any time we were trying to sing along or dance, we were greeted with super aggressive pushing, elbows and screaming at us.

To say the crowd was hostile to MCR is an understatement. From the start of the show we felt spit flying over our heads and at the stage. Eventually, Gerard egged on the audience to spit on him at the same time with a countdown. 3...2...1...and the most disgusting torrential downpour of loogies and spit flew over our heads (some onto us), onto the people in front of us and onto Gerard.

Believe it or not, it got worse. Someone threw a tied plastic bag, filled with human shit, onto the stage. What?

Anyway, the show itself was great. Shame about all that craziness. If I were home I'd try and grab the pic I have with Gerard from that night. I think it's the first show he wore face paint at.

Penguin and sean_rugy like this.
  21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Saw the singer of Vendetta Red swing the mic right into a girl's face. Such a weird show.

nl5011 likes this.
  22. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Ohhhhh my god. I went to the festival by myself and this was EASILY the most absurd crowd dynamic I have ever been apart of. Old NJ white trash trying to fight Brand New fans, Jesse screaming from the depths of hell as these people run out of the crowd chain smoking cigarettes, female Bon Jovi fans trying to get me to hook up with a 15-year-old. THE WORKS.

23. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

A couple weeks ago during Unwritten Law, a couple came in stage during the acoustic portion of the set and did a pretty impressive dance/gymnastics routine. The band obviously let them on, but Scott (the lead singer) clearly had no idea what was going on. The couple next to us got really mad about it for some reason and said, "This is the [dumbest] shit I've ever seen. I didn't sign up for this. Let's get out of here." On the next song a girl came out and started doing what I thought was ballet at first, but it turned out she was just on something and really high and she got kicked off the stage. Such a weird sequence of events.

24. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

The first time I saw Bane, some drunk guy walked up and slapped Aaron in the face during their performance as he was standing over the barricade. Aaron just stared him down for what seemed like forever before he got security to kick him out. I had a huge respect for them after that. He coulda resolved it with violence, but that's what the guy wanted.

25. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

at a local evergreen terrace show, the crowd was so wild, two stacks of PA's fell on to the crowd. it was nuts