Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Funko • Page 98

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GettingSodas, Mar 7, 2016.

1. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Grabbed Mark Hoppus, Powerline and Deadpool w/ Candy Canes at Hot Topic a couple days ago.

2. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

All of those are clutch. Didn't realize that special edition Korg existed until you posted this. I have one reserved at GameStop now, picking it up tonight. Really tempted to buy their TaleSpin Funko as well. I'm going to need to get a few of those protective cases for some of these.

Blimp City Hero and Jason Tate like this.
  3. snaps

Regular Supporter

okayibelieveyou likes this.
  4. okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

Yes! It's so great.

5. snaps

Regular Supporter

okayibelieveyou likes this.
  6. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Yeah. Not a bad idea to get two other ones since the buy 3, get 1 free works on the NYCC pops too. You're not getting the NYCCs discounted anywhere, so you'd basically be adding two on there for $6 each.

Jonathan likes this.
  7. snaps

Regular Supporter

These are a few of mine.

Attached Files:

Jonathan likes this.
  8. snaps

Regular Supporter

These are my daughter’s.

Attached Files:

Jonathan likes this.
  9. Anyone use an app to keep track of what Funko you have?

Any recs?

10. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I use Stashpedia. Seems like the most popular one right now

Jonathan likes this.
  11. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Doesn't seem like there's much of a market to unload these things huh?

12. Oh god this is an ugly app. Haha, thanks though, I'll give it a go.

ghostedaway likes this.
  13. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

I use Pinterest like a boring person, but it's so easy to catalog my Funkos/art/enamel pin collections there with their iOS and macOS share sheet extensions.

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Stashpedia is actually owned by Funko (details of that were never really shared), so that's why you can tell it's going to continue to be functionally awful. haha

I keep my collection on there, but there aren't really any great alternatives yet.

15. It's like a weird web-view. I'll use it for now to keep track so I know what I have and such.

The official Funko app is too goofy.

I looked at Comic Book collection apps recently too and they're also all garbage. There really needs to be a better "collection" app eco-system.

I like your idea about Pinterest @Jonathan

Jonathan likes this.
  16. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

ship90 likes this.
  17. Between this and Discogs I know know I spent too much of my money on random collection shit in my life.

Good to know.

bobby_runs, Joe4th, ship90 and 3 others like this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Got the only one that matters

Attached Files:

19. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Dude I'm in the same boat. That's why I don't buy full show/movie funko collections, just the characters/ones I really like.

Jason Tate likes this.
  20. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

21. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Funko should just hire you to design a better way to keep track haha. I tried a comic book one recently too and just quit because it was tough to look at.

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. Seriously. These are simple databases. Yeeeeeeeesh.

Discogs mobile app is pretty good for what it is. One of the better ones. I looked at CLZ recently (for comics, I need to catalog what's at my mom's place), and beside it being ridiculously expensive, it's really gross looking. Also just basically a website wrapped in a viewer. Like come on.

Feed, collection, wishlist, search, browse. These are easy things.

I just added my Funko to Stashopedia and I think I hit the right button between "list" and "collection" once out of the entire 23 times I did it. Small ass tap targets right next to each other. WYD.

/rant

ship90 and Jonathan like this.
  23. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I'm curious: How big is everyone's collection here?

I've been collecting since 2013 and have about 121. However, I do have like 30 or so that I'm looking to sell/trade off to condense things.

24. 23.

But I just ordered some holiday ones. So soon, 27.

25. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

This is a good rant. As far as keeping track of media and whatnot, I'm using Goodreads, Letterboxd, and iShows TV. While I still want Goodreads to add the option to do half stars like 2.5, 3.5, etc., it works well enough. Design is way better on the other two though.

Is it too much to ask for pretty apps? Some make me think it is haha.

ChaseTx and Jason Tate like this.