Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Funko • Page 59

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GettingSodas, Mar 7, 2016.

1. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I'm okay with it, but I did expect more. Kinda hoping there's a surprise second pop in the box like the Wonder Woman one had.

2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

So, I was into collecting some of these, mainly DBZ, Disney, and horror icons. Moved in with my girlfriend a year and a half ago, and since we kinda mixed finances I let the habit go because she said I should spend my money on channeling my fandoms in more "practical"/"useful" ways, or whatever. She specifically thought the Pops were pointless.

I showed her the LOTR set that's coming out. She has preordered them all, and ordered Smaug and some of the Hobbit ones as well. Also the whole Kingdom Hearts set. Also the Bojack Horsemen set. Also the Twin Peaks set.

IN A WEEK. She literally now owns more than me even though she only has 4 in her current possession. The shame in her face when she gets a new one in the mail brings me sweet, malicious joy.

TJ Wells likes this.
  3. Shrek

Also, how in the hell is there not a Sora Pop for the Kingdom Hearts line???

4. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I think there's licensing issues for the Square characters, because they have their own line of action figures, etc. that they may see as competition when it comes to the Pop figures

5. Shrek

Gotcha. Even weirder given how little merch there is for Kingdom Hearts over here. We made the rounds to ThinkGeek/Hot Topic/GameStop/Spencers when the the Remix came out for PS4 and found literally nothing outside of the Pops and a couple of shirts.

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Blizzard took down the special Dva and I'm not sure why.

7. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I think it's more that Kingdom Hearts isn't really at the peak of its popularity right now - during around the time KH2 was out Hot Topic had a ton of stuff like shirts and Keyblade keychains. You'll probably get a lot more merch around the time of KH3 when SE pushes the franchise a lot again.

I'd love Square to give in and let Pop make some stuff, my wallet shudders at the thought of how much I'd spend on Final Fantasy Pops.

Jason Tate and Joe4th like this.
  8. Shrek

So when I'm 60, then. Sweet, I'll put aside some of that pension!

For real. Especially since the chibi-izations from the Theatrhythm games are almost literally Funko Pops already lol

Joe4th and tucah like this.
  9. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Yeah, and you do have Square selling these things, which are pretty Pop-ish too

[​IMG]

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  10. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

They said that and the titanium Pharah will be available sometime in July

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Good to know. It's the one I've wanted most, and the lat one I'll end up getting. lol

ghostedaway likes this.
  12. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

PX Exclusive SDCC annouced as 6" Megazord. Which is cool but also makes me more mad that the voltron pop is just a small one.

GettingSodas likes this.
  13. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Oh boy, SDCC is near and I'm getting nervous lol

GettingSodas likes this.
  14. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

It makes me excited!

ghostedaway likes this.
  15. BHS1985

Never been too big on Dorbz (only have Spider-Man and the ones that came with the Collector Corps boxes) but I did manage to order the Carnage exclusive from Wal-Mart.

GettingSodas likes this.
  16. Shrek

The Adventure Time Dorbz are the best. Also love the Freddy/Jason/horror Dorbz.

GettingSodas likes this.
  17. wordzanddreamz

HNNNNNNNGGGG the Destiny pops are confirmed!

GettingSodas likes this.
  18. GettingSodas

I just came in here to post that! They look so awesome! HYPE!!!

19. wordzanddreamz

IMG_4836.JPG

Well today just took a nice turn...

20. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

21. GettingSodas

22. bobby_runs May 16, 2017
    (Last edited: May 16, 2017)
    bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

SB 40th Box Spoiler

If the Han and Greedo had guns that would make me buy those salt and pepper shakers

23. GettingSodas

Poop emoji

24. wordzanddreamz

Just saw Bojack pops in gamestop. I know a bunch of people in here were waiting for those.

GettingSodas likes this.
  25. GettingSodas

Saw them a few days ago as well. They look pretty good.