Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Funeral For A Friend Band • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Paul Beaumont, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

we've deff been through this before we just disagree on Hours lol

2. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I just think Hours is super underrated :tear:

Linton9488 likes this.
  3. Jake W

how's it underrated? a good portion of their fanbase only like the first two albums lol

Crisp X likes this.
  4. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I'm firmly in the "both of them are fantastic" camp.

5. JM95

Trusted

Yeah Hours isn't underrated. In many people's eyes, Casually Dressed and Hours are THE albums.

I think Hours is mainly good, it's just some of it tipped over into becoming a bit 'wet' to be honest. History in particular is sickly saccharine.

6. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Hours is excellent. Did they announce the vinyl?

7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

History is fantastic but I get why people who don't like the softer stuff wouldn't like it. The music video is fantastic.

8. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Yeah the EPs, Casually Dressed and Hours are what fans love the most with a lesser portion preferring what came after. I personally love all their releases up till the final two which still had some jams on but the loss of Ryan was felt for me both in the studio and live.

9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

yeah but i think hours is their best. most people think that CDADIC :-p

10. DickyCullz

Shout out Broken Foundation from WHA. Absolute barn stormer

11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Front Row Seats To The End Of The World is an under rated banger

Crisp X, Linton9488 and Rowan5215 like this.
  12. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

that and "Aftertaste" slap ridiculously hard

13. DickyCullz

re-listened to WHA at the office today and I enjoyed more than I remembered from back in 2011. Still not feeling Conduit or Chapter & Verse.

14. Linton9488

Regular

I think WHA is my fave. Then Hours, then Casually Dressed. All 3 are pretty close in my opinion.

Crisp X likes this.
  15. Justice for Serpents In Solitude

Rowan5215 and Jake W like this.
  16. Jake W

One of my favourites

17. Rowan5215

that should have been on the album instead of "Damned If You Do..." for sure

I think the chorus is a bit hamfisted tbh but that opening riff fucking wrecks

18. Damned If You Do is one of that era's standouts too! I would've swapped Sixteen instead, even though it's the most FFAF classic sounding song and an obvious single. Or just make the album longer.

Linton9488 and Rowan5215 like this.
  19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Conduit is still the only FFAF album I don't really like, but I did win a signed copy and lots of limited edition merch from them so that's nice haha.

Crisp X and Rowan5215 like this.
  20. Jake W

The Young and Defenseless EP was so good. I remember listening to it on repeat for weeks at the time lol

Crisp X and Rowan5215 like this.
  21. Rowan5215

"Damned..." is fire instrumentally (I mean they were always were) but it's one of the few songs I cannot stand Matt on. that chorus is just totally ear-grating to me. easily my least favourite of those four EP songs, but to be fair the other three are all slappers

22. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Solid comeback EP for sure. I have a signed limited edition CD to 3000 copies somewhere for helping to fund it.

Jake W likes this.
  23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

yeah young and defenceless was good. I thought the wrong songs made the album though.

24. Jake W

I actually found my copy the other day lol

JamesMichael likes this.
  25. I get it, to me it's the prechorus that sounds weird. Like I have a few other melodies I would've went with. It feels like a rare song where his performance doesn't match up with the energy and the aggressivity of the instrumental.

I wonder if it would've sounded better with screams (him only or with Ryan)?

Rowan5215 likes this.