Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Funeral For A Friend Band • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Paul Beaumont, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Cmoney86

Trusted

I wish they toured the state’s more. They haven’t been here since 2009

bd007h likes this.
  2. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

How can you drop Red Is The New Black! Killer song.

Hopefully some time off has done Matt’s voice some good as the last time I saw them he sounded a bit tired.

If Ryan and Darren are back full time I’d definitely be interested in seeing them again.

bd007h likes this.
  3. JM95

Trusted

I'd still be surprised if they did new music in the foreseeable future.

Crisp X and bd007h like this.
  4. JamesMichael

Same unfortunately.

bd007h likes this.
  5. Cmoney86

Trusted

6A4A0556-B53E-4DEA-8E45-4051412DC4E0.png

JM95 likes this.
  6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

So the announcement isn’t about the Hours vinyl?

7. Cmoney86

Trusted

I think it’s either gonna be a vinyl announcement or shows next year where they are playing all 3 albums in full. Also wishing for new music to be announced as well but doubt that will happen

8. Crossing my fingers for a 10th anniversary tour for Welcome Home Armageddon

9. JamesMichael

Solid return to form from them.

I still have my signed CD ep from their fundraiser from this era somewhere.

10. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

what I wouldn't give to see "Aftertaste" live...

11. JM95

Trusted

12. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Will probs still go but wish it wasn't just first 3 albums. Hours and Tales are like bottom 3 in their discography for me

13. Cmoney86

Trusted

Called it. I knew it was something other then A Vinyl repress. When they put out that 2nd statement I knew it was shows. I know in my last post I said something about vinyls but also said something about shows. Now they need to bring that shit over here to the states

14. It's so satisfying to see them give Tales the love it deserves. I hope they won't just perform the singles. Hearing The Diary, both All Hands On Deck parts, and One For The Road live would be rad. The Sweetest Wave as a closer too.

Thrillcollinz and Rowan5215 like this.
  15. Cmoney86

Trusted

I wonder what the lineup with be? I wonder if it will be the og lineup from those records

16. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

no Ireland date :(

17. They'll probably continue with the current line-up. They haven't been in touch with their former bassist in a long time.

18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Current lineup is Matt, Kris, Darran, Gavin, Richard and Ryan.

Also I am hyped about this. Deffo gonna go.

19. jackyjackyjack

Regular

Would have loved to see them play a set featuring songs from all of their albums but I understand most people just want to hear stuff from the first two. Surprised they've included Tales in there but can imagine they'll only play Oblivion and Walk Away.

20. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

When Tales first came out, I remember being super into it. Weird that I basically haven't gone back to it since like 2010.

21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I didn't like Tales on release, then got really into a few years later. Now I think it's kind of boring for the most part. There's a few crackers on there.

aspeedomodel likes this.
  22. JamesMichael

The Diary and One For The Road are definitely two of the best on there.

I’m up for going given the line up has Ryan and Darren back.

Crisp X likes this.
  23. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Hours hasn't aged great for me. Saw it in full years ago and that was enough lol. I'd rather have a set including stuff from all their albums.

24. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Hours is my favourite.

25. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

To be honest, one set with songs from those albums is probably about right. 8 or so from Casually Dressed, 7 or so from Hours, maybe 3 from Tales?