Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Funeral For A Friend Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Paul Beaumont, Apr 8, 2016.

1. tomtom94

Trusted

2. I wonder what their future looks like now. They've said they wouldn't release new music as they felt like they had done everything they could without repeating themselves, but what if they changed their mind? I would love to finally see them live. Hopefully they come back to Europe further down the line, or even Germany if it makes more sense with Matt living there.

Damien likes this.
  3. jackyjackyjack

Regular

As a one-off show, or do you think they're back?

4. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

The wording of the Facebook post implies it's a one off or one of a few shows

5. JM95

Trusted

There's no way they'd do it full time again. I guess if Download offer you a spot, you can't really say no.

Petit nain des Îles and Jake W like this.
  6. tomtom94

Trusted

Same as WATIC reuniting at Slam Dunk, if it happens it happens but probably just a chance to make some nostalgia money for one day's work and who can blame them

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  7. Cmoney86

Trusted

I wish they would come back to the states and do one last tour. They haven’t been here in forever

8. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Slam Dunk announcement tomorrow. Wouldn't be surprised to see them on it.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  9. JM95

Trusted

Covid-19 drove me to daytime television.

10. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

another one of those days when I chuck on Memory and Humanity and think about how dirty we all did that album when it came out. slappers front to back

11. jackyjackyjack

Regular

Literally every song bangs. To be honest I remember listening to it at the time and was so impressed it was back to sounding more like 'Hours' than 'Tales Don't Tell Themselves'. That heavy outro to 'Constant Illuminations' still gives me shivers, it's that good

Crisp X and Rowan5215 like this.
  12. JM95

Trusted

Rules and Games is one of their best singles.

13. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

my username on ap was somedaythefire. I created the account when M&H was announced. I was so excited for it.

then I ended up hating the song.

JamesMichael, Crisp X and Rowan5215 like this.
  14. Rowan5215

lol that's the only song on that album I don't really like tbf

the second halves of "Beneath the Burning Tree" and "Waterfront Dance Club" tho.... top tier shit

Crisp X likes this.
  15. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

My main problem with post TDTT albums is the weird change in Matt's vocal style. He sounds completely different and pretty bad on the later albums. Welcome Home Armageddon has some classic Matt vocals though

Rowan5215 likes this.
  16. Rowan5215

I actually don't agree, Conduit and Chapter-era Matt gets more of an emotional response from me. Welcome Home Armageddon was technically great but it leaves me totally cold emotionally, it's the one reason I rate it lower than most fans do

I also think Memory and Humanity was easily his peak vocally and hook-wise, he was soaring on that album

17. I totally remember that username!

And I still feel the same about this album as I do now: it contains many great songs, even some career highlights but it's also bloated and at times feel like they are on autopilot mode, instrumentally at least.

We've gone through this discussion many times before, but yes it's also Matt's peak vocally, along with the Your History Of Mine new songs, and I'll die on that hill.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I cannot stand the vocals on those two. Regarding M&H. Waterfront Dance Club shows what I dislike about his vocals on later albums. The first half of that songs I really don’t like his style, but the second half is perfect.

19. Rowan5215

if there'd been a full album in the style of the Your History is Mine songs it'd be my favourite FFAF, easy. shame they never followed through on that - "Sixteen" is probably the closest we got?

Crisp X and Nick like this.
  20. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Agreed!

21. JM95

Trusted

Forgot that Ghosts is on Memory and Humanity. Great song.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  22. Gavin's vocals definitely deserved to be more included.

Nick, JamesMichael and Rowan5215 like this.
  23. The only songs I would cut are Kicking And Screaming, Someday The Fire (love the chorus though), and To Die Like Mouchette (save that main riff for a more engaging song). The closer whelms me too.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  24. Rowan5215

damn, "To Die Like Mouchette"'s chorus is one of my favourite moments in the discog :(

agreed "Someday" and maybe the closer could go. "Charlie Don't Surf" would've been a better ender

Crisp X likes this.