Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Funeral For A Friend Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Paul Beaumont, Apr 8, 2016.

1. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I'll be straight up, I used to be a huge Lostprophets fan back in my college years. I haven't been able to listen to them since the awful crimes came to light about Ian.

What are the ex members up to these days? Lee used to be one of my favourite guitarists back in the day.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  2. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I saw Lostprophets the month before he was arrested :teethsmile:

3. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

The non-Watkins part of the band all joined Geoff Rickly from Thursday and dropped a fantastic album under the name No Devotion

it's very worth a listen, and if you like Lee's guitar he gets to go way harder on that album that he ever did with Lostprophets

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  4. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Hours is one of my all-time favorite albums. Criminally underrated.

5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I just ran and listened to Welcome Home Armageddon for the first time. What an amazing album.

6. JamesMichael

Same actually! Was one of the Start Something shows.

I gave them a listen when they first came out but I’ve never been a huge Thursday fan. Will give them another shot today and report back!

7. JM95

Trusted

It's almost funny how emo Hospitality is.

Nick and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  8. Jake W

Oh wow, the Cardiff venue is only 350 capacity. Tickets are going to go in seconds lol

9. JamesMichael

Wow I have no doubt about that then especially with Darran and Ryan back for the shows.

Would be incredible to go.

Jake W likes this.
  10. Jake W

There's 2400 people interested on the Facebook event and 330 "going" lol

11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Can't wait to listen to more of these guys today. Listened to WHA and C&V yesterday.

Jake W likes this.
  12. JM95

Trusted

Listening to Conduit for the first time in a while. This album should have been massive.

13. Jake W

Listening to WHA now, this album should have been huge, especially given the amount of mediocre post-hardcore and metalcore bands that were huge back then

14. George

Trusted Prestigious

The Globe is a bit of a shit venue too ha. Would have much preferred if they were playing elsewhere in any of Cardiff’s other tiny venues!

15. JamesMichael

It was pretty big I thought for them? I remember them getting a lot of airplay with it on alt music stations. I actually backed the pledge music Kickstarter they did for the original EP prior to it. One of 3000 I think all the band signed it. Still so stoked about it as they’re still one of my favourite bands to come out the scene.

Agreed though WHA was an excellent return to form. Unfortunately I couldn’t get into the albums that followed after Ryan left minus a few songs.

In other news I’ll be shocked if the venues don’t get upgrades. 350 is way too low.

16. Jake W

It charted at 33 compared to Tales at 3. And they never good big outside of Europe really

JamesMichael likes this.
  17. Jake W

Was anyone lucky enough to get tickets?

18. Jake W

They upgraded Cardiff immediately to a 1000 cap venue which also sold out instantly. I assumed they were playing the 350 cap venue due to some nostalgic thing or something, did they really think there was only demand for a 350 cap venue initially? Weird

19. PauLo

43% Burnt

In the early 2000's, I was a regular on the old FFAF message boards. Before it split off into an official forum and it slowly died. Still friends with some of the people I met on there. Good times.

Haven't listened to anything of theirs since the first album, though. And even that I didn't enjoy as much as the first two EPs. I seem to remember there being a few tracks that were on all of them, but it lost it's edge and sounded over produced.

20. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Hours is their best, fight me. Didn't really listen to anything after WHA.

Re: Lostprophets, man yeah I used to love them so much. Haven't listened to a single song since that news. I used to adore Start Something.

I signed up to ap.net when memory and humanity was announced and I chose SomedayTheFire as my username. The album came out and I fucking hated that song :crylaugh:

21. Jake W

I loved Hours at the time but it really hasn't aged well

22. Jake W

Listened to Conduit earlier and I really love that album

23. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I love that album though. Beneath the Burning Tree and Building are great.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  24. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

The cover art for Hours really bothered me

25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I think it's aged the best out of all of their stuff. Well I think pretty much every other one of their albums that I've listened to to have aged a lot worse.