Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Funeral For A Friend Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Paul Beaumont, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I hate that is banger isn't on Spotify

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  2. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

This, Jade Tree Years itself, Donny, 1%... album brought the bangers

3. Rowan5215

fuck it I'm going to rank and I'm aware I'm definitely in the minority on a lot of these but

Casually Dressed
    Chapter and Verse
    Conduit
    Tales Don't Tell Themselves
    Memory and Humanity
    Welcome Home Armageddon
    Hours

4. Jake W

WHA that low should be illegal

bd007h, disambigujason, JM95 and 2 others like this.
  5. Didn't know the former drummer/screamer was fronting a new band. Both songs rip hard, it feels good hearing him again after all this time.

JamesMichael, kyle and Rowan5215 like this.
  6. Rowan5215

I know, I know. My brother always gives me shit about this. The guitarwork and band interplay on that album is insane, but imo that came at the cost of losing all the emotion that drew me to the band in the first place (something Conduit and C&V def regained which is partly why they rank so high)

admittedly there's two exceptions to this in "Sixteen" and "Owls are Watching", absolutely top tier FFAF jams

Petit nain des Îles and Jake W like this.
  7. Welcome Home Armageddon
    Hours
    Casually Dressed
    Conduit
    Memory and Humanity
    Chapter and Verse

They had enough bsides and lesser known EPs to make up another album which would probably be third on my list.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  8. Jake W

I was just being hyperbolic, the only wrong opinion is those people that think Hours is their best

Rowan5215 likes this.
  9. Rowan5215

true. those people wylin'

for real. maybe my favourite FFAF release is just that EP worth of new songs that came with Your History is Mine comp. just four absolute bangers

10. JM95

Trusted

11. Jake W

Casually Dressed/Welcome Home Armageddon (which one I like more would change daily so it's hard for me to put one above the other)
    Conduit
    Chapter and Verse
    Hours
    Memory and Humanity

12. Oh definitely. I loved The Blackout back in the day. Idk if it is because of he was such an energetic frontman but it just makes sense that their singer now hosts a podcast.

It is also a painful reminder that I was supposed to see both bands at a coheadlining show in 2011, which was then cancelled and never rescheduled. If they ever manage to reunite, it'll make for a fun and nostalgic trip in the UK.

13. Jake W

I loved the Blackout back then but their music just isn't my thing anymore

Also doesn't help that their last album sounds like a pop punk band playing hard rock lol

14. Haven't listened to them since they released the final EP. Just looking through We Are The Dynamite's artwork and some of their early song titles... I'm not sure their music holds up well.

Jake W likes this.
  15. Jake W

Oh god I just remembered when my mum saw that I was listening to a song called "spread legs not lies" back then lol

16. Reminds me that I wanted to buy the album at the time, but put it back in the shelf after hearing my mum comment about the artwork and side eyeing me haha

Jake W likes this.
  17. Jake W

Don't think I could ever listen to It's High tide baby ever again due to who features on it. How close they were to him really creeps me out in general tbh

18. JM95

Trusted

That reminds me, my mum didn't let 11 year old me buy a Lostprophets album from a shop because she didn't like one of the song titles. I was pissed off at the time; glad she did now.

19. Shit I forgot about that feature ugh. It just crossed my mind that a few Lostprophets members were featured on Someday The Fire. They do the chant during the last chorus.

20. Jake W

Ugh I didn't know that

21. I always dug 7 Ways To Scream Your Name but never got into much after that.

JamesMichael likes this.
  22. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Yo, I’m stoked that Darran and Ryan are back for both of these shows. They were missed massively, especially Ryan providing those trademark screams. Me and my gf will try and get to one of those shows for sure as it would be incredible to see them one last time with most of arguably their best line up.

23. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

FYI I think The Blackout stuff has aged horribly from the overall sound to the dreadful song titles.

Jake W likes this.
  24. I looked it up and thankfully it was just the guitarists, the bassist, and their former drummer Ilan Rubin.

bd007h and Jake W like this.
  25. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Cool news today. Haven’t listened to these guys in well over a decade. Used to love Hours back in the day. Need to give their stuff a listen now.