Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Funeral For A Friend Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Paul Beaumont, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Paul Beaumont

Since the band are splitting up after one final UK tour this month I have written a few words on this article about the band and what they meant to me growing up. This band were a huge part of my teenage years and I can't wait to see them next week one last time. Thought I'd share the article and open up a thread for any other fans to reminisce.

Playlist: The Best of Funeral For A Friend

2. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Absolutely love them and bummed they are breaking up :(

3. JM95

Trusted

Seeing them in six days. Gutted they're breaking up but I cannot wait to see Casually Dressed in full.

bd007h likes this.
  4. Paul Beaumont

Are you going to the Birmingham shows?

5. JM95

Trusted

Going to the second one, yeah.

6. Paul Beaumont

Sweet I'll be at both. Have you seen what they're doing on the Casually Dressed date? Looks like 2003 all over again.

7. JM95

Trusted

I haven't actually, what is it?

8. Paul Beaumont

Art of American Football, Kiss and Make Up, This Years Most Open Heartbreak, You Want Romance. All the old great stuff.

9. JM95

Trusted

Fucking yes!!

10. DesolateEarth

Birb

Casually Dressed And Deep In Conversation was such a huge album for me, and an incredible influence for the shaping of my music taste. Their next couple records didn't really click with me, but Memory and Humanity was always a pretty underrated record I felt, and Welcome Home Armageddon quickly became my second favorite of theirs behind Casually Dressed. All in all solid band, and I will miss them.

11. JM95

Trusted

Hours is a really good album. It's that and Casually Dressed for me. Both of them, but mainly Casually Dressed, were pretty prominent records for me in my teenage years. Will always be grateful for this band.

12. Paul Beaumont

Memory and Humanity had some good tracks but I felt it was a bit rushed after Tales Don't Tell Themselves.

13. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Dear friends,

After reading and viewing the events around the incident at The Story So Far show and the commentary that followed from various other sources I think we feel the need to sound our opinions on the matter.

We've been a touring band for a long time and during that time we've had many enthusiastic, friendly people join us on stage to dance, sing, stage dive etc. We've always respected the well being of the people that come to our shows regardless if they pop onto stage and take a selfie or dance with us (yes, we've had it happen on our stages before and we make sure they leave the stage safely as possible).

Acting like an asshole and kicking someone because they're taking a selfie is not acceptable behaviour (regardless of your personal feelings on the matter) and is a shame on this whole scene. If any band out there actually thinks that this behaviour can be justified in any way then that saddens us beyond belief.

Set a positive example, not a negative one.

FFAF x

George likes this.
  14. JM95

Trusted

Last night was pretty great. :-)

15. Paul Beaumont

The last two nights were truly great. Hours night was kind of a 6/10 but last night was 10/10. So much fun.

16. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I was always a pretty casual FFAF fan and never got to see them, but just wanted to say Welcome Home, Armageddon has been one of my favorite albums since its release. absolutely love the guitar work on it.

17. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Wanted so bad to catch them on their farewell tour, unfortunately their Last Chance To Dance Tour doesn't include any Italian dates.

18. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Put on Casually Dressed for the first time in a while last week and damn that album still slays hard.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  19. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

20. Great cause. Been binging their discography lately and, it has been said many times before in the old thread but damn, what an underrated band.

21. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

am I still the only one who thinks Chapter and Verse was some of their absolute best or are there more of us

Jake W likes this.
  22. Jake W

Chapter and Verse is great

Rowan5215 likes this.
  23. I appreciate it a little more nowadays but it remains my least favorite release by far.

r0m4n44 likes this.
  24. Jake W

My least favourite is probably memory and humanity but it's still good

25. This one is a banger though!

bd007h, Rowan5215 and Jake W like this.