Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

fun. (Official Thread) Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Uhhh please don’t do this to me.

I’m gonna go listen to Before Shane Went and weep.

beachdude and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  2. MrSwetz

***** Prestigious

There was a cryptic post on his subreddit which is usually very dead

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Next month is the 10-year anniversary of Aim and Ignite...

4. MrSwetz

***** Prestigious

Wow that makes me feel old

5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Following up on my post from a year ago.

Aim & Ignite is still such a cool record and very underrated.

CAC3 likes this.
  6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I like it WAY more than Some Nights, that's for sure.

7. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Something I think about a lot is that clip Emile Haynie posted when he was in the studio with Nate for Grand Romantic of a song that didn’t make the album but sounded fucking amazing. I need to find that again.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  8. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Ok I found it

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

A&I is my favorite album ever but SN is like top 5 ever so. Anyway I will be happy with anything he chooses to put out, but I’m seriously way too cautious to get my hopes up.

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Why has this never been released. I’ve probably listened to this clip at least 50 times

kbeef2 likes this.
  11. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I want new Nate music real bad.

12. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I still think The Format will do something again in time. Whatever project he has coming now I'm stupidly excited for. I miss hearing his voice.

13. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Barlights is still my jam.

astereo likes this.
  14. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I know Jack is obviously busy but I would love for them to make another fun album even if they played no shows for it

wisdomfordebris and beachdude like this.
  15. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Jack is only busy because Nate didn’t want to keep Fun. going though, right? Am I completely misremembering that?

16. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Jack has been very vague with whatever happened with fun. Outside of the band's statement, he seems to purposely avoid tackling any questions about the band head-on, outside of saying their success made him want to go solo.

beachdude and Maybevictor like this.
  17. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I thought it was kind of a chicken / egg thing where Fun’s success made jack want to step front and center and jack being busy with bleachers made Nate want to put things on hold and they kind of collectively realized they want to take a break?

from piecing together interviews it also seems like they naturally grew apart some after some nights once they stopped living together.

18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I also think Nate breaking up with Jack's sister and irritating the guys by putting "Harsh Lights" on his solo album didn't help.

beachdude and Maybevictor like this.
  19. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Oh yeah I totally forgot about that, though I thought him and Rachel were already on the outs by the time some nights came out. What The Fuck is clearly about their deteriorating relationship and they were playing that towards the end of the A+I cycle.

I just always assumed they let him keep harsh lights once the band went on hold

20. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, pretty sure Harsh Lights was a post-band-break-up move. Plus, Andrew plays on or at least co-wrote "It Only Gets Much Worse."

21. zarofearth

Just did some snooping and saw that The Format also wiped their social media and Sam Means got an apartment in New York (where Nate lives) last month.... so....

EDIT: My bad, they only wiped Instagram. But hey, that’s not nothing (unless it is).

22. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

23. MrSwetz

***** Prestigious

Because I'm a glutton for punishment

24. please

25. CAC3

Dog

Dear god let this happen. Aim and Ignite is one of my favorite albums ever, but give me Nate in any form.