Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

fun. (Official Thread) Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

A&I = Dog Problems pt. 2 (not that that’s a bad thing)

Some Nights = fun. actually doing their own thing

FTank likes this.
  2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

A&I and Some Nights are both in my top 5 albums of all time. I have a slight favoring towards A&I because I consider it my favorite album of all time. I’ve never experienced anything like I did with that album. But Some Nights is also a flawless masterpiece. This band was truly something else and I can only hope we will one day see their return.

CAC3 and JRGComedy like this.
  3. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I used to hate Stars. USED to.

4. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Personally I think Stars is better from afar

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Stars don’t even get me started wow. When I listened to the album for the first time I played stars like three times before I finally finished with out on the town because I was floored I used to get so angry when people would say like “oh the first two minutes are good” or whatever

6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

The last time I saw them properly headline was Summerfest in Milwaukee (the real last time was at the taste of Chicago a few days after - which was 5 years ago this week, which broke my heart when I realized) and they played both Stars and Take Your Time and I ascended let me tell you

smowashere, beachdude42 and JRGComedy like this.
  7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Aim & Ignite is the epitome of an underrated album. I got to see Fun 10 years ago at a bar and they opened up for Lydia and Jacks Mannequin. It was so awesome bc all they played was acoustic versions of songs from Aim & Ignite and The Format.

beachdude42, Zilla and JRGComedy like this.
  8. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

I love the strings in Stars and the climax when Nate just goes off his in his vocoder cries. An absolutely great closer.

9. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

It’s still crazy that this band just stopped so suddenly after their massive success... I’ll always hold onto hope for a third album. Funny enough I threw on Aim & Ignite and Some Nights randomly the day before this thread got bumped... hadn’t listened in a good minute.

10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I remember being so hyped when they debuted Harsh Lights and then... sadness.

And then Strange Desire, which is up there with every Fun album for me

11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea Strange Desire is a top 10 album for me too

beachdude42 and JRGComedy like this.
  12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Harsh Light is still my fav song on the Nate solo album

JRGComedy likes this.
  13. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

It's up there for me. It Only Gets Much Worse and Aha are pretty good too

14. irthesteve

I still hate the ah ha's in Ah Ha, but the rest is good. I enjoy the album as a whole, but am just bummed with how middle of the road it is for me. Kinda just sounds like fun.-lite which makes me sad

JRGComedy likes this.
  15. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

agreed

16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Man I need to revisit that too, it’s been a while. I think my favorite might actually be the title track. AhHa, Take It Back, and What This World Is Coming To are all brilliant too.

SpyKi likes this.
  17. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I liked Take It Back and then Nate sent out a newsletter saying that he like drunk improvised the lyrics in the booth and... I think it's pretty obvious haha.

irthesteve likes this.
  18. irthesteve

Haha I remember him sending that and thinking.... yeahhhhhhhhh you can kinda tell haha

JRGComedy likes this.
  19. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

"That these days, they don't go where they go..."

irthesteve likes this.
  20. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Last time I listened to his solo album I thought it didn’t hold up well at all tbh

21. okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

I saw fun. play to literally 15-20 people in Glasgow following Aim & Ignite. It was crazy what Some Nights done for them here.

22. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I’ll admit, it took me a long time to really connect with Fun. and The Format. Something about Nate’s unusual voice mixed with the quirkiness of the songwriting rubbed me the wrong way for a while even though there were aspects I always enjoyed. I’m so glad I kept trying though, because I legitimately adore both bands now.

23. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I miss this band so much.

24. GBlades

Trusted

Absolutely love Foreigner's I Want To Know What Love Is with Nate Ruess.

25. SoundscapeMN

Regular

I miss Anathallo so much.

KidLightning and irthesteve like this.