Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

FuckJerry’s Success Is Instagram’s Failure

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Brian Feldman, writing for New York Magazine:

The past few weeks have been rough for Elliot Tebele. Tebele is the morally compromised founder of Jerry Media, a media firm founded in 2015 that is the outgrowth of an Instagram account called @fuckjerry. @fuckjerry is a “meme account,” shorthand for a social media account that screenshots funny tweets and freeboots (rips and reuploads) viral videos. To put it another way, @fuckjerry is an account that steals jokes and other content from other users and monetizes it. Instagram, the billion-dollar Facebook subsidiary, has been aware of the account for years and has done nothing to curb its theft of intellectual property.

2. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

I don’t feel bad for this guy, like, at all.

3. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

they quoted my client a starting price of $100k/post. Think it's more expensive if they create the meme for you

4. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

Fuck FuckJerry. Unfunny thief.

Analog Drummer and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  5. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

i love how much Seinfeld2000 hates him.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  6. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

bookmarking this thread and article bc sounds like an interesting discussion. not sure where I fall on it from what I know of the convo before this article, but I am intrigued