Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frozen 2 (November 22, 2019) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Apr 25, 2017.

1. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Needed Elsa x Honeymeren to be far more of a thing that they actually committed to showing instead of the wink wink it's there if you look hard enough but other than that I really enjoyed this

victoriamarie likes this.
  2. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Loved this. Into The Unknown is already stuck in my head. The Lost in the Woods cheesy music video killed me. And I love that little Gecko.

Olaf flurrying away was dark af.

victoriamarie and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

goddamn, you guys are nearly making me wanna give this another chance

4. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

My girlfriend and I watched the first one after we came home from this. I definitely think the first one is better and has more standout/catchy songs. But I think this one finishes a lot stronger and love the darker turns it takes. It's probably funnier than the first one, even if most of the humor comes from the side plots. I can see these songs growing on me a lot (like Moana did). Do The Next Right Thing is probably going to end up being my favorite.

Nyquist likes this.
  5. Philll

Trusted

Show Yourself gives me goosebumps

KalValor likes this.
  6. GBlades

Trusted

Just back from seeing it and thought it was pretty good. Great expansion on the lore and the music was top notch. Humorous and heartwarming at the same time.

KalValor likes this.
  7. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This scene just means so much to me and I think what comes right after is equally important. She exits the cave and runs straight to the giants in her life, confronting (one of the most difficult and terrifying decisions to make when you’ve reached that point) and causing them to chase her into the thick of danger so that she can do what’s right no matter the cost.

8. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Just gone done seeing it with our daughter (6, turning 7 next week) and wife... Kristoff's song had me and my wife looking at each other going WTH is this. Show Yourself was my favorite song but feels like it could have been bigger sounding. Story line was... I mean... It's a kids movie. Eh. I wasn't a fan of the first movie, but that grew greatly on me and I'm sure this one will do the same after a couple more watches. Walked out to it snowing, which was cool.

9. I thought show yourself was the biggest and best song

10. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Hello I just watched Frozen 1 for the first time ever. Pretty fun movie. I lost my shit when I realized the guy from Mindhunter was in this lol

aoftbsten likes this.
  11. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I still love the first one. Really want to see this one again too.

12. Lucas27

Trusted

Finally saw this. My first impressions are it’s messier than Frozen but I loved it more. I almost wish there were 15 extra minutes in the beginning to ease into the plot, and maybe a few more to stretch out the resolution. It all just happens so fast. I also thought the Kristoff and Olaf subplots were too one-note (but they were good comic relief too so that’s fine).

That said, I thought the songs were better (Into the Unknown destroys Let It Go IMO), the plot was deeper, the animation was more beautiful, and the characters (at least Anna and Elsa) felt more fleshed out. I also really appreciate the genuine emotion the first one managed to wrangle out of me, but this one hit me HARD at times. The Next Right Thing, man. If any Disney song had the power to save lives, it’s that one.

The Samantha bit was also the hardest I’ve laughed in either movie too.

13. victoriamarie

NYC now/PGH forever

Upon a second viewing I totally agree with this

I also really wish they had some sort of finale song in both films - like a reprise of 'Some Things Never Change' or just anything really. Particularly with this one, the last song is 'Next Right Thing' which is a good song! but damn what a downer to end on haha

Lucas27 likes this.
  14. Lucas27

Trusted

I know though! Both this and “Fixer Upper” are great pre-climax songs but they’re odd last songs. Thought that same thing with both.

victoriamarie likes this.
  15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

16. Show yourself is the best song in this movie

Kingjohn_654 and KalValor like this.
  17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

the mouse might have to give a raise to whoever came up with that idea

19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

So we watched it last week and enjoyed it. I agree with people who said it felt like things happened very fast at times. The songs were great though.

Apparently completely missed the baymax Easter egg in the first scene

20. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Doesn’t hold a candle to the first, but the animation is gorgeous

21. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

The Next Right Thing scene alone puts this above the first IMO

22. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Yeah I’ve come around to saying this is the superior frozen film

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  23. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Yeah, this one's much more convoluted and thematically complex than the first imo, and the animation's stunning. The dialogue and some of the plot suffers because of it, but I can't fault them for swinging for the fences on this.

Lucas27 and Nyquist like this.
  24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

lol damn

Lucas27 and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Philll likes this.