Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frozen 2 (November 22, 2019) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Apr 25, 2017.

1. KalValor

Regular

To me, Show Yourself and Do the Next Right Thing were the standouts. I actually thought it was a beautiful movie on the whole. And it’s encouraging to see Disney has actually made attempts to honor the Sami culture and make it right.

michael_gatto likes this.
  2. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

This was terrific. I definitely liked it better than the first one though there's clearly no "Let It Go."

3. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

This is such a strange one for me. Took my son to see it today and, even though I know the plot was absolutely a scattered mess of threads and mythology that had me looking around more than once wondering how many kids were following all of this, and even though I know the songs were not as strong overall as the first, I kind of loved this and enjoyed it more than the original.

I was as surprised as the rest of you at just how dark this got despite reading reviews ahead of time that told me as much.

“Do The Next Right Thing” is my favorite and I continue to appreciate how this series approaches depression, trauma, and grief. Kristen Bell has been very open about her struggles with depression and I couldn’t help but feel like a lot of her vocal performance in that song was very personal. For a moment it felt like I was just listening to Kristen singing out her pain and it was deeply affecting for me.

4. Nyquist

Ah. Yes. Here we go:

'Frozen 2': Kristen Bell's kids love the films but not her involvement

aoftbsten, popdisaster00 and KalValor like this.
  5. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

Took my daughters to see this last night.

There were some good moments, but I couldn’t help but feel like it's a really tacked on type sequel.

Seemed like they had to really reach to make it seem like there's a legitimate reason for this to exist beyond the obvious profits.

6. TEGCRocco Nov 25, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 25, 2019)
    TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Thought this was kind of whatever, but I will say that The Next Right Thing was really good (probably my favorite song across both movies) and I did enjoy the dynamic between Anna and Elsa. And are they pushing Into The Unknown as the next Let It Go? Because I definitely thought Show Yourself was meant to be the big song from this movie.

DarkHotline and KalValor like this.
  7. Nyquist

Yeah “Show Yourself” is definitely the “Let It Go” of this one (they even reference Let It Go during the song when Elsa sees the ice sculpture of herself and laughs it off), but they’re absolutely pushing “Into The Unknown.” “Let It Go” had the Demi Lovato cover during the end credits of the first one and “Into The Unknown” has the Panic cover here. My wife and I have been out looking for Christmas gift ideas for our kids and nieces and nephews and a lot of the Frozen toys play “Into The Unknown.”

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  8. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

That's... unfortunate. Into The Unknown isn't necessarily bad, but I thought it was pretty easily the weakest of the "big" songs

9. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Into The Unknown is a bonafide Disney classic. Wtf is wrong will y’all.

Brent and fowruok like this.
  10. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

The Panic version is the better of the two honestly

MysteryKnight likes this.
  11. DarkHotline

It’s not a bad song or anything, Show Yourself is just objectively a better song.

12. Nyquist

Yeah it’s interesting, I really love the Idina Menzel version within the context of the film and I felt really invested in the energy of the song onscreen, BUT with this one I’d rather listen to the Panic version. I think it’s a great pop song.

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Show Yourself is definitely the emotional crux of the movie

14. victoriamarie

NYC now/PGH forever

Given that the original is one of my favorite Disney movies, I went in with lowered expectations. Saw it over the weekend and was honestly surprised at how much I loved it, I think I even like it more than the first. Into the Unknown and Show Yourself are leagues ahead of Let It Go IMO. The animation (the water!!) was crazy good.

On that note, the bit where Elsa cringes at her memory self singing Let it go was so so so good.

aoftbsten, Dodge725, KalValor and 5 others like this.
  15. DarkHotline

I can’t stop listening to the soundtrack

Dodge725 and KalValor like this.
  16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Thought this was mostly great, felt very all over the place for the first half hour /40 mins but found its stride quickly.

olaf retelling the first was honestly one of the funniest things ive seen in a disney movie. Soundtrack is very good as well. Great sequel but i dont hope for more though im sure we’ll get at least one more

GrantCloud likes this.
  17. bluecharliedeltaecho

Regular

I loved this as much as the first. Story was great & visuals were incredible. I enjoyed it so much I wanted to go back into the theater & watch it again after it ended haha. That all being said I would love a Frozen 3!

18. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

While I enjoyed this movie idk if it was worth the $15 i spent to see it lol. The second half was much better than the first half. I feel like toward the beginning there were way too many songs (unmemorable songs at that) and it disrupted the flow of the movie. Elsa was an asshole but I couldn't stay mad at her by the end haha. The subplots seemed out of place and purely there for entertainment rather than adding anything to the purpose of the movie but whatever I guess it's fine.

A lot of Disney movies can be pretty predictable but I'll be honest there were a lot of good turns in this that I didn't expect

19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

this might be the worst of the disney revival so far for me, but i'm glad others are digging it more than i am as it's making dumptrucks of money. someone else put it best when they said there were times it felt like the direct-to-video disney sequels of years past that happened to have a frozen-budget attached

20. Philll

Trusted

Took my daughter's on their first cinema trip to see this the other day. At the time didn't think it quite lived up to the first, but the soundtrack has been kicking my ass the last few days. Some Things Never Change, Into the Unknown, Lost in the Woods, Show Yourself, all stone cold classics.

Unironically falling in love with Disney soundtracks is one of the more surprising side effects of being a parent for me, but one that I am grateful for.

aoftbsten and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  21. KalValor

Regular

This is EXACTLY how I felt after leaving the theater from the first Frozen. On first viewing, I was annoyed with it until Let it Go. Do you want to build a snowman, Love is an open door, for the first time in forever all seemed like cheesy, just-for-kids songs that were front-loaded. Of course, by the end of the movie, all the songs can be seen to have their purpose in context. But I didn’t really give those early songs and moments a chance until 2nd viewing.

22. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I liked this more than the first one for reasons I can't quite pin down lol. It might have just been different expectations because by the time I finally got around to the first one, it was so overexposed and overhyped that I was sick of it, and I don't know that I've ever gotten over that. Whereas with this one, I kind of went in with a "this is gonna be a pure money-grab sequel with nothing to say" mindset and, while it did feel like a money-grab, it proved its worth with how it continued to develop Elsa and ESPECIALLY Anna instead of just resetting their characters and basically telling the same story again *cough*Incredibles*cough*

victoriamarie and Nyquist like this.
  23. Kat Clarke

I feel the same. It's good but not great.

24. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

I really enjoyed this.

victoriamarie and KalValor like this.
  25. GBlades

Trusted

Seeing this tomorrow night then double-billing it with Knives Out!