Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frozen 2 (November 22, 2019) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Matt, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Really digging the visuals.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

4. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Hell yea

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I still haven’t watched the first one. If it’s on Disney+ I’ll probably watch it before I go to see this.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  8. Give me "Into The Unknown" already!

Kingjohn_654 and coleslawed like this.
  9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

step down from the first. better visuals, some good standalone moments, but doesn't do much in the way of expanding things. and while i don't remember disliking any of the songs, it'd be nice to feel like maybe seven or so minutes have actually gone without one. olaf was quite good though. he has a scene in the middle of the film that'll likely go down as the best thing josh gad has ever done

i'm leaning towards calling this average. personally would've preferred more of elsa and anna in the same scenes

Kat Clarke likes this.
  10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Im honestly pretty prepared for this to let me down but im sure ill still have fun

Brent likes this.
  11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

i'll be fair and say that i'm not the biggest fan of the original frozen, which was decent

12. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I felt the exact opposite. While I don’t think it’s better than the first, I liked it a fair amount. I felt like it explored Elsa’s origins pretty well and got dark without feeling too forced. Kristoff’s subplot is stupid, but he’s got a Peter Cetera-esque that’s edited like a Journey music video that I absolutely loved and think others may find off-putting tonally.

My big problem is the songs. It feels like the front-loaded the movie with them and most of them are kind of mid-tempo showstoppers. There’s not a whole lot in terms of variety, especially on the pop song side like “Love is an Open Door” or “For The First Time in Forever.” Besides “Into The Unknown” and “Lost in the Woods,” I couldn’t pick these songs out of a lineup. And Olaf’s song and his whole subplot can go on and get. Just a time waster to keep him in the movie and sell merch.

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen Nov 22, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 22, 2019)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

I do appreciate that they at least brought in the same creative team from the original
    I liked that besides the opening overture, the little bit of Let It Go and Olaf loves warm hugs and Kristoff talking for Sven this pretty much existed outside the original
    I feel like Kristen Bell had more to do and Groff is good at being awkward
    I love Elsa with her lizard and magical elemental horse also the fact that apparently in a deep depression she was still braiding her hair, because her hair is straight, and Anna running around the forest in high heeled boots was impressive
    Show Yourself was great but it's hard when the original has such iconic songs I'm not sure anything reaches that level
    I didn't remember Anna and Elsa being teenagers when their parents died, I thought they were younger
    could use more Evan Rachel Wood, Sterling K Brown and Jeremy Sisto but then again so can everything
    it was def super dark, like some kids definitely seemed genuinely worried about Elsa and Olaf and I would have been too if I didn't have the experience of seeing other movies

Brent and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  14. Dodge725

Trusted

Loved this even more than the first one. Enjoyed all the songs and the visuals were stunning. Really liked how it expanded the lore of the world too.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  15. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

My initial thoughts are good, but not great, and doesn’t really NEED to exist. I do love these characters though so it was fun to be back in this world. I enjoyed the plot and honestly how dark some of the jokes were.

BUT I’ve been listening to the soundtrack nonstop since last night. None of the songs hit the peak like the ones in the original, but god damn “some things never change” and “into the unknown” are so fucking good.

Actually fuck it, never mind. Already want to watch this again. 4/5.

Brent, Kingjohn_654 and DarkHotline like this.
  16. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

This was aight, wasn’t bad and I was entertained. Dug the soundtrack, Show Yourself was cool. Took my two year old and she had fun, was surprised by how dark it was though.

Brent and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  17. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who had the thought about Anna's highheeled boots!

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  18. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Am I remembering wrong or did Anna actually say "I prefer you in leather" at one point to Kristoff?

Brent, aoftbsten, Sean Murphy and 2 others like this.
  19. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Yep, that was said.

Sean Murphy and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  20. I just really wish there was a song as incredible as “Let It Go.” Love it or hate it, that song is magic.

21. DarkHotline

I honestly grew tired of it

Brent likes this.
  22. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I definitely prefer this to the first.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

DarkHotline likes this.
  24. Well yeah, even I did, honestly. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t a fantastic song. Early reviews were saying “Into The Unknown” was going to be the new “Let It Go” but it just doesn’t even come close to it.

25. DarkHotline

I thought Show Yourself was better

KalValor and Kingjohn_654 like this.