Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

FromSoftware Video Game • Page 167

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I tried to clear out the castle but couldn’t find a lot of doors I could even open

2. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

This happened to me at first too. If you've triggered the festival, but killed Radahn, then you still have to find Witch Hunter Jerren again in the church and talk to him to truly end the festival. Then everything will be "normal" again.

Cameron likes this.
  3. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Ok, done it - ditched Rivers Of Blood and went back to my +25 Nagakiba and beat it 2nd try. Unsheathe R2 attack the undisputed best AOW in this game "simple yet effective". Finished up at level 180 and a playtime of 133 hours!!! Gonna take down all the walking mausoleums and duplicate a few remembrances, then re-spec to INT/FAI and start NG+ :-):thumbup:

Cameron likes this.
  4. Penlab Aug 14, 2022
    (Last edited: Aug 14, 2022)
    Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Trying to fight the Regal Ancestral Spirit, had him down to a sliver of health, and then he fucking healed, and then I got him down to one hit again, and he killed me. Fucking hate this guy.

EDIT: Okay, got him on like the fifth attempt. Fucking asshole.

5. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I've found what I believe will be my new best friend. If you know where I am, then you can probably figure out what I got.

6. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

wait, the Regal Ancestor Spirit can heal?

7. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Uh, yeah. He did it quite a few times. He like bursts this light into the ground and then he heals a portion of his health. Dunno if he's taking the energy from the animals around him; I suspect that he is.

8. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I didn't get experience that fight because when it did it's first teleport attack it glitched out and fell through the arena floor to it's death lol

9. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I can't think! Cross Naginata?

10. AndrewSoup

huh, i don't think i noticed! either that or i killed it quick enough that it didn't get to do that lol.
    i was a little overleveled by the time i went back to fight those spirits

11. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

you get a cookbook that lets you craft the rot boluses...I think its in the Siofra River somewhere

12. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

hes definitely harder than almost every boss in the game lol I just rode around on Torrent and spammed ranged attacked

PandaBear! likes this.
  13. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

No. I was in Nokron, remember. And there's something you get in one of those areas, one of those things that I think you specifically said broke the game, and I was like, man, wish I had that. And now I do.

Thanks, I got that. Way past that now, but I appreciate you looking out.

PandaBear! and xbrokendownx like this.
  14. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Anyway, I'm switching gears. Some of the walkthroughs I'm following are conflicting with each other and the Gargoyle twins are way too hard for me right now. After giving it some consideration, I'm heading to Atlus Plateau and continuing there, and I'll come back to the underground later.

15. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

this might be spoilers, but uh

you have to fight that thing twice

16. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

oh my sweet child, there is MUCH more rot to come ;)

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  17. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Technically the first one in Siofra is just an Ancestor Spirit, and then the second one after you unlock Nokron is the Regal one. Unless there's another one down the road, in which case, never mind me.

Well I do have to go back to Caelid in the future to do Dragonbarrow content, but I'm guessing you mean there's other areas with scarlet rot?

18. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

oh yes. I wont tell you exactly since it will spoil it, but....its a pain in the ass lol

19. AndrewSoup

yea, i fought the Ancestor Spirit, then the Regal Ancestor Spirit. I know there's another corpse that i wasn't able to, like, activate or whatever.

20. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

ah yeah I forgot the first one isn't Regal

21. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I decided I really want to enter Altus through the Grand Lift instead of smuggling myself through the Magma Wyrm's cave, so I'm at Fort Faroth in Dragonbarrow now, and I'm hoping this isn't a mistake. Everything I'm doing in this area is terrifying and I feel like I shouldn't be here.

However, I did have some fun just now. I killed old Greyoll, and I did it in the most cowardly manner possible. I snuck myself to Fort Faroth, and found Greyoll's tail, and just kept hacking away until it died. As long as the smaller dragons can't see me, Greyoll just goes right back to sleep, and hey, free kill. I feel sort of bad for doing it. Sort of.

PandaBear! likes this.
  22. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Alright, I'm calling it a night. I got the other half of the medallion, rode the Dectus Lift, used a Site of Grace in Altus, went back to the Roundtable to further along some NPC quests, and that's where I stopped.

Tomorrow, presumably, I'll start exploring Altus proper. Go around getting Sites of Grace and the like.

23. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Took me almost as many tries as the final boss! I beat every other Bell-Bearing Hunter first try, but this one and that stupid boomerang sword attack drove me to the brink of insanity lol. All to get the single worst bell-bearing available in the game :crylaugh:

24. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Bored at work so doing some Top 3 lists, because why not:

Top 3 hardest enemies I faced in this game that gave me the most deaths:

1) Bell-Bearing Hunter in Dragonbarrow
    2) Death Rite Bird in Consecrated Snowfield
    3) Alecto, Black Knife Ringleader

Top 3 coolest enemies I faced (excluding "big bosses"):

1) Dragonkin Soldier of Nokstella - badass design, coolest arena, frost lightning move rules
    2) Vyke, Knight of the Roundtable - need more lore on this guy, very cool. I think he is the guy on the game cover?
    3) Loretta, Knight of the Haligtree - just a very cool enemy in a very cool arena!

Top 3 most annoying enemies to fight:

1) Abductor Virgins
    2) Giant Crows
    3) Giant Hands

Top 3 Bosses:

1) Radahn (the festival idea and summoning everyone to help is amazing)
    2) Dragonlord Placidusax
    3) Mohg, Lord of Blood

25. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, the festival was a cool idea.

Summoning Alexander and Blaidd to help had a real "Let's go get our throats cut, boys!" energy to it, and the aftermath talking with them out in the desert. Just a good ol time with the fellas.

Somewhat tempered by the fact that for Radahn this was very much an intentional suicide-by-cop.