Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

FromSoftware Video Game • Page 166

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, Jun 9, 2019.

1. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Sorry my post was not that clear - MotG is after the capital but has an (extremely tough!) NPC you invade as part of a Volcano Manor questline that A) gives you a pretty cool weapon & armor set and B) gets you a reward from Tanith, the leader of Volcano Manor. If you defeat the final boss of VM before you go through the Capital and get access to MotG, you will be locked out of getting the weapon/armor and the reward.

You may not give a crap about any of those items at all though! So it is worth checking a guide to see what you prefer to do, but in general I found Volcano Manor a cakewalk compared to the Capital, so I would say visit VM first regardless of whether you want to complete the VM questlines or not.

2. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Almost ragequit this game for the first time today - the bell-bearing hunter in dragonbarrow is absolutely horrible, how does he have more health than 99% of the bossses in the game, in a mid-game location? Most frustrating enemy I have seen in this game

Hugo G. and Penlab like this.
  3. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Oh. Yay. Something to look forward to.

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yo the lore and dialogue in Volcano Manor is so cool. Though somewhat confused because there’s no level yet outside of the drawing room and accepting targets? So I’m assuming it opens up after a couple more targets slain.

5. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Unless you are either using gravity stones or are a completionist I would not bother, the ball-bearing he drops is a waste of time

Go hit/roll into some walls ;-)

Cameron likes this.
  6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

theres an illusory wall that opens up into the full dungeon but if you complete every contract you bypass it straight to the final boss

Cameron likes this.
  7. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

going back to ER now after a while. still on Fire Giant. managing to get him to half health on a few occasions! think i'm gonna need to start summoning other players to jump in and assist. especially since i def messed up my controller. the left stick drifts up slightly on occasion- same thing that happened with my Switch pro controller, def a result of how hard i'm pressing it.
    i wish my Mimic Tear was pulling more weight, cause they keep dying before doing much damage. they're at +7 so far. REALLY wish i didn't need a different upgrade material for each level, it is SO damn annoying to upgrade.

also, does anyone know how exactly the stats of the Spirits level with each upgrade? does their health/damage increase?

8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

on NG++ it helped me to wait til phase 2 to summon my mimic

AndrewSoup likes this.
  9. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

It’s the first REALLY tough boss battle. The game difficulty really ramps up from there.

10. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

mescalineeyes, Penlab and dorfmac like this.
  11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Well shoot. Then I might not want to go for all the contracts then? I want to try out this dungeon

12. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Player's Log: I've done everything in Caelid that I could possibly do save for four things.

The Night's Cavalry, The Death Rite Bird, the rotting dragon, and Redmane Castle.

Of the four, I think I'm trying the dragon again. I did try to fight the Death Rite Bird, but he was an asshole, so I'm switching gears and I'll come back to him.

This does not include anything going on in Dragonbarrow, of course. I'm to do that later.

I took a detour back to Siofra River for a bit to get the recipe to make the boluses that heal Scarlet Rot, so now I have a few more of those at my disposal. Can't wait to be done with this death factory though.

mescalineeyes and PandaBear! like this.
  13. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

almost at the fire giant, not looking forward to it

14. dorfmac

Trusted

Is there anything that is a must do before radahn fest? I haven’t played for a week but I’m right at the point to trigger the festival and don’t want to miss out on good stuff

15. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

You can still do the dungeon after finishing the contracts which I recommend Doing for the gear

Cameron likes this.
  16. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

xbrokendownx and dorfmac like this.
  17. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

As for me, I've now felled the dragon, the Night's Cavalry, and the Death Rite Bird, in that order.

It's time for a Festivus for the rest of us.

PandaBear! and Cameron like this.
  18. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Actually, I'm ending tonight just outside the portal to the festival. I'll be fresh tomorrow to take on Starscream Rad-dong, or whatever his name is.

I kid. I know exactly what his name is.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  19. Leftandleaving

What level are you? I did radahn around 90 and found he was extremely easy

20. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Ok the final boss absolutely sucks, what a fucking slog. Best I've done so far is to get it down to about 40% health and feel that is quite an achievement seeing as you cannot lock onto it properly, cannot see most of it's attacks and constantly run out of stamina chasing the stupid thing down across the giant arena :thumbup:

WanderingSquall and Penlab like this.
  21. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I'm level 79. 40 Vigor, 11 Mind, 25 Endurance, 40 Strength, 16 Dexterity, 9 Intelligence, 10 Faith, 7 Arcane.

So far, I've done all the sidequests around Limgrave and Liurnia before taking on Godrick and Rennala, and found them both to be disappointingly easy as a result. I've now done everything I currently can in Siofra, Ainsel, and Caelid, so I'm hoping the pattern follows and Radahn is the same, although I'm prepared to be wrong.

I do know he's been nerfed at some point in the game's lifetime, so I'm also prepared to be right. Plus I'll have multiple comrades summoned to the arena.

I think I'm as ready as I'll ever be.

Kind of curious how you did it at 90 though. Did you explore Altus first? Or did you just grind a lot? I haven't grinded once since I started the game, and my guide tells me not to go to Altus yet.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  22. Leftandleaving

I did the Altus plateau first. I think I got all the way up to the final boss(es) of leyndell before I tried radahn

Penlab likes this.
  23. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Well, I beat Radahn on the second try.

Idle thoughts:

* (sings) Big guuuuy on a little hoooorse... big guuuuy on a little hooorse...
    * I love that you can summon Patches for the fight. I bet he's just minding his own business and then he's like, wait, what, where the fuck am I, what's happening, why would you do this to me...
    * I love that Alexander's instinct after suffering a blow to his pride in the fight is to FILL HIMSELF UP WITH BODIES OF WARRIORS. Because he thinks that will make him stronger. Oh Alexander, don't ever change.

Anyway, now that the festival is over, I'm going to do the castle for realsies and clean it out.

And then the next stop is where the star fell...

mescalineeyes, Cameron and PandaBear! like this.
  24. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Update: Cleared out the castle except for the bosses, because fuck Crucible Knights, goddamn pieces of shit.

25. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Update: I'm in Nokron and I just killed the Mimic Tear the cheap way, by unequipping everything, letting him shapeshift into a weaponless tool, equipped my sword, and hacked him to pieces. What a moron.