Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

FromSoftware Video Game • Page 165

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, Jun 9, 2019.

1. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Fucking christ, I have been stuck on the Death Rite Bird in Consecrated Snowfield for an hour tonight, finally beat it but what a bullshit boss that was. They fucking nerfed Rivers Of Blood in todays patch so I couldn't just rely on spamming the corpse piler skill to get me through lol

sophos34 likes this.
  2. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I read that earlier today and I thought "welp, they're gonna be a sad panda."

PandaBear! likes this.
  3. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

Imo, most of Demon of Hatred's difficulty comes from the fact that you have to fight him in a totally different way than every other enemy in the game. Once you get your head around it, it's not as bad as isshin or owl.

4. Fucking Dustin Aug 9, 2022
    (Last edited: Aug 9, 2022)
    Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I don’t even think it’s that for me really, I think it’s that it’s so long haha. Isshin’s 3 phases feel like they go by a lot faster thanks to the lightning reversals in p3 plus all the posture pressure happening nonstop but all of DoH’s phases feel longer and more tiring than Isshin’s or Owl’s. DoH just doesn’t punish mistakes quite as hard.

But I think DoH can be played a similar style to other enemies and a close aggressive attack with well timed blocks or deflects does work similarly. I think actually detaching from seeing him as “Souls boss thrown in Sekiro” made him easier for me in the end

But yeah first attempt was rough. I do still find him more difficult than Isshin or Owl Father but don’t think of him as my “most difficult” to go fight now (That’d be Malenia or Inner Owl) and also recognize I’ve just gotten way better at Isshin over time which is a contributing factor

PandaBear! likes this.
  5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

What are the general patch notes/nerfs for the latest update? Cliff notes please

6. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Player's Log: I have a feeling I'm not gonna make much progress tonight. The new update corrupted some files so my game crashes when I try to go to the Four Belfries. I'm trying to fix that right now and it's a little slow going.

7. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Players Log: After some grinding I have made my way to New Londo. I forgot there is no Fire before the Four Kings. Here we go…

Penlab likes this.
  8. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Player's Log: Okay, so after I fixed the game, I made more progress than expected.

First, I cleared out all I can do at the moment in both Siofra River and Ainsel River, taking out two Dragonkin.

I also finally got 40 Strength and can wield the giant Game of Thrones sword. Unfortunately, it's heavy, so I had to unequip the artifact raising my health and put on the Arsenal Charm to allow me to run again with the giant sword.

I tested it out in Ainsel River, and honestly, not sure. The good thing is that it's powerful and covers a wide range, but it's also very slow between hits, which is a potentially dangerous minus. I mean, it knocks foes back so that's good, but I dunno. I may end up going back to the Uchigatana after all, but I'll play around with it some and see what I want to do.

Anyway, now that I've done everything I can underground, I can only think of one logical next stop. It's time to visit Caelid.

PandaBear! and mescalineeyes like this.
  9. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

They have nerfed the 'bloodhound step' AOW, the sorcery 'Stars of Ruin' and the Rivers of Blood katana's AOW 'corpse piler', and buffed a few things like the 'quickstep' AOW, a few ranged spells and several movement-related things like how quickly players can roll after an attack and the roll distance when players have light equip loads. Also some PvP stuff but I do not play PvP so idk how good the changes are

ELDEN RING: Patch Notes 1.06 | Bandai Namco Europe (bandainamcoent.eu)

Cameron likes this.
  10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Thanks!

11. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Made huge progress tonight, managed to take down Godfrey (fucking badass), Alecto the black knife ringleader (hardest boss in the game lol), and got every trophy I can possibly get up to this point - all that is left are the trophies for the endings. It's almost over :tear:

kupe, Penlab and Fucking Dustin like this.
  12. kupe

Regular

Fired up Dark Souls 2 today for the first time. Excited for the journey

sophos34 likes this.
  13. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Farming some souls and Humanity in Dark Souls Remastered tonight. Then time to lay waste to the Four Kings.

14. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Player's Log: I decided to switch back to the Uchigatana. I don't like how slow the Greatsword is and I think I've been doing fine with what I've got. I'm not adverse to switching to something better, but right now my weapon is +13 and I feel like I shouldn't waste all that work.

Also, now with my Vigor and Strength both at 40, I've decided to switch gears and focus on Endurance for a while.

Anyway, Caelid. Man. What a fucking wasteland. And why is everything fucking ginormous? The birds are big, the dogs are big, fucking Christ. And that music sets me on edge.

I've been clearing out the chunk of Caelid I already have a map for from Limgrave. Almost cleared it all except for around the Minor Erdtree. Once I've done that, then I'll set out into the unknown territory to get the map for Greater Caelid, and start looting the place up, taking care to avoid Dragonbarrow territory, which my walkthrough advises me to save until later.

Funny anecdote: In trying to get into Fort Gael, there's a group of soldiers outside in the field, including one of those furnace tanks. Nearby are a trio of giant wolves. I accidentally aggroed the wolves, but all that meant is I could run out of the area, sit back, and watch as the wolves decimated all the soldiers for me. It was a pretty hilarious spectacle.

And then I died, so I had to do it again the right way, but that's life in Caelid for you, I guess.

PandaBear! and dorfmac like this.
  15. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

lmaoo, this is almost exactly what happened with me when i finally could wield it i ended up not liking it....

Penlab likes this.
  16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yo the later game catacombs ramp up so much! There was a Hero’s Grave near the outer edge of plateau I did last night that has TWO Crucible Knights that absolutely ate my lunch. Will have to go back to them later.

Then attempted the Gelmir Hero’s Grave as I’m onto Mt.Gelmir now. Holy shit this dungeon. Multiple chariots and lava fuck me…..

Hugo G. and Nate_Johnson like this.
  17. I’ve been in a massive rut and haven’t touched a game in a minute.

Picked up Dark Souls 1 again today for the 100th time and immediately felt better.

sophos34, Cameron and Nate_Johnson like this.
  18. Penlab Aug 11, 2022
    (Last edited: Aug 11, 2022)
    Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Player's Log: I fucking hate Scarlet Rot. It's the worst! And curing it is expensive! Or at least I don't see a cheap way to do it.

Anyway, I finished clearing out the western side of Caelid, including the Erdtree Avatar and his Burial Watchdogs.

I went and got the map for the greater Caelid region, killed Millicent's invading spirit, met Gowry and discussed Millicent's future, and activated as many Sites of Grace as I could.

Then I tried to fight the dragon lying in the middle of the road, and I know I can do it, but his breath fucking sucks. Scarlet Rot sucks. Caelid sucks. Fuck it to hell.

Also, I guess next I'm going to fight some guy in the middle of the swamp? Great. Fuck you, Commander O'Neil. Who lives out in the middle of a poison swamp?

PandaBear! and AndrewSoup like this.
  19. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

That dragon definitely fucking sucks, I went back way later to kill it when my summon was stronger/could contribute more. Commander O'Neill is not too bad though, he is very slow moving and you can use Torrent so its just a boring fight where you hit him once or twice, back off and repeat that over & over.

Penlab likes this.
  20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Alright cleared out Mt. Gelmir. Kinda surprise how not that big it was compared to Plateau.

Got to Volcano Manor but should I go to the capital first? I thought I remembered you guys saying Capital then Valcano Manor?

21. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I personally would say Volcano Manor first, as it is reasonably short and just isn't as good as the Capital - however you may not be able to do the final boss of VM until you reach the Mountaintops of the Giants if you want to obtain certain rewards from little quests you are given in VM!

Cameron likes this.
  22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Hmmmm Ok interesting. Where is Mountaintop of Giants?

23. flask

Trusted Supporter

You need to get through the capital to get to Mountaintop of the Giants

Cameron likes this.
  24. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

If you're going to Mountaintop, you should know I've been told to not go to the Forge Of The Giants until you've done every possible NPC thing you want to accomplish.

25. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I was at work today from 8 this morning until after 7, so I have no time for Elden Ring today. Tomorrow though? We fight.