Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

From the Bracket to Your Stereo (The NFG Bracket) Bracket

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by BlackwingE, Feb 26, 2019.

1. BlackwingE Feb 26, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 27, 2019)
    BlackwingE

Trusted

This is where the New Found Glory bracket will happen, after some of the ongoing ones have ended.

Rounds: (EDITED)
    1. Everything from before the debut album (It's All About the Girls, Waiting)
    2. Nothing Gold Can Stay
    3. Self-Titled
    4. Sticks and Stones
    5. Catalyst
    6. Coming Home
    7. Not Without a Fight
    8. Radiosurgery
    9. Resurrection
    10. Makes Me Sick
    11. B-Sides (there are 28 B-sides!!!)
    12. Covers (From the Screen to Your Stereo parts 1 and 2, Mania, Punk Goes, etc.)
    13. Possible Wild Card round
    14. FINAL ROUND

TheJMan, bachna84 and Colby Searcy like this.
  2. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I'll try to keep up with this

bachna84 and BlackwingE like this.
  3. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Nice!

The Coheed & Cambria and mewithoutYou ones are nearing the end - probably about two more weeks for each :)

BlackwingE likes this.
  4. danielm123

Trusted

I'm here for this, although I'll have to relisten to some of these albums. Not sure I've ever listened to "Not Wiithout a Fight" or "Makes me Sick" all the way through. And I definitely don't know most of the covers/b-sides. Gotta get on that

BlackwingE, bachna84 and Colby Searcy like this.
  5. CAC3

Dog

I really loved Makes Me Sick. I thought it was a return to form for them. Probably my favorite album since Coming Home.

6. marchofmarty

there is no happy here Prestigious

nfg is probably the only band in existence I am familiar with every single song they have ever put out (sick brag I know) so I am looking forward to finally participating in one of these things

BlackwingE and bachna84 like this.
  7. manoverboard365

Trusted

following

8. TheJMan

Trusted

You're a hero for doing polls for B sides and covers (I would leave them separate). Thanks for doing this, this will be very fun.

9. pbueddi

Trusted

Excited for this one!

10. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I’m in. I agree with keeping the covers and besides separate. But why doesn’t NGCS get its own round? Also what do we do in the unlikely hood we get both versions of Hit or Miss against each other ?

CAC3 and bachna84 like this.
  11. pbueddi

Trusted

Well they do sound different. Treat them as separate songs I guess.

trevorshmevor and bachna84 like this.
  12. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Agreed.

I own the All About The Girls EP and I don't even remember what's on it. I think I listened to it twice.

broken22 and bachna84 like this.
  13. I get Scraped Knees stuck in my head more than I probably should, but yeah I probably wouldn’t even put it above my least favorite songs from NCGS

bachna84 likes this.
  14. BlackwingE

Trusted

It should have its own round, but I wasn't sure where to put the It's All About the Girls EP. It's 5 songs, and not very popular ones, so it wouldn't make sense to let that one have its own round too.

bachna84 likes this.
  15. BlackwingE

Trusted

Actually, there are three versions counting the Jerry Finn mix from the self-titled deluxe. We could include both album versions under "Hit or Miss (1999)" and "Hit or Miss (2000)", or we could just let one of the versions represent the song.

bachna84 likes this.
  16. I'll probably hop in for most of this but I'm really not familiar with Makes Me Sick or any of the covers records. Never did anything for me.

bachna84 likes this.
  17. pbueddi

Trusted

The Jerry Finn mix is easily the worst of the 3 in my opinion. Not that any of them are bad or anything.

bachna84 likes this.
  18. I’ll try

19. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Here for it

20. TheJMan

Trusted

Maybe combine All About The Girls with Waiting EP and just use the 3 studio songs (Passing Time, Certain and The Goodbye Song) that way it gives you a nice round number of 8 songs total.

21. BlackwingE

Trusted

Any opinions on including their cover of The Power of Love in this bracket even though the EP hasn't been released yet? I suppose they could have put out another song off it by the time we reach the covers round.

bachna84 likes this.
  22. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I say throw it and any of the other ones they release by then in there because honestly it has a shot at the #1 spot for me

23. TheJMan

Trusted

Might as well throw it in the covers bracket. I mean the song has been officially released, why not?

bachna84, bobby_runs and BlackwingE like this.
  24. manoverboard365 Feb 27, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 27, 2019)
    manoverboard365

Trusted

I say include Power of Love. Odds are by the time we get to that round we'll have at least one other FTSTYS3 song released.

25. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Eye of the tiger was performed for a whole tour. I’d imagine we could find a decent enough YT upload.

bachna84 likes this.