Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

From Indian Lakes Band • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

2. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

mattav152 and beachdude like this.
  3. tvck

Trusted

what a tease

beachdude likes this.
  4. Nice

beachdude likes this.
  5. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Can’t wait!

6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yea buddy

7. ramres

8. atlas

Trusted

oh man this is the good stuff

beachdude likes this.
  9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Very similar to the Paramore art interesting

beachdude likes this.
  10. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Song is great

11. Spazzy McGee

Regular

Ugh so good, feels like a mix between his last two which I am all for.

Has that same “whirly” sound from the title track to EFBN and similar (IMO) guitar tones from Absent Sounds

awakeohsleeper and beachdude like this.
  12. Gooddayz

always and forever

Awesome little track! I wonder if we'll ever get like a six minute plus song from him

coleslawed likes this.
  13. tvck

Trusted

:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

14. ramres

coleslawed likes this.
  15. shea

RIP Supporter

Good shit. I didn’t super love the last two which I know is pretty unpopular, but I’m very into this. Excited for more.

Cameron likes this.
  16. Lucas27

Trusted

I remember Anberlin becoming my favorite band as a teenager just because the melodies were so addictive. From Indian Lakes gives me that same feeling every time they release new stuff. Love this band.

17. The_Pioneer

Regular

I think I’ll refrain from listening to anymore of the album until it’s out, but this seemed pretty cool on my first listen. Definitely got the ambience of EFBN, but kinda a poppy side to it too. (Also seems like some fancy time signature stuff too, but I might be wrong)

Given joeys “even if you don’t get it at first” tweet, this was surprisingly pretty accessible.

I’m honestly just happy we finally got new music. Excited for the album, especially for that song with female vocals Joey mentioned before.

mattav152, Lucas27 and beachdude like this.
  18. Can't recall the last time I checked them out, I feel bad for (perhaps) missing their latest album. This is excellent! I hear some Mew in those guitar tones and riffs, though I don't remember if that influence was prevalent before

Lucas27 likes this.
  19. Lucas27

Trusted

I’d say Mew is probably the most obvious influence on FIL’s sound from album to album.

Petit nain des Îles and Carrow like this.
  20. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I was really expecting something a lot different with the new single based on his comments about it but it does have a similar vibe to EFBN/Absent Sounds. I’ve listened to it like 10 times already and love it. There hasn’t been an official album announcement though has there?

beachdude likes this.
  21. ramres

There hasn't been an announcement, no, but he's selling a tape of this song and on it, it says it's part of the "Dimly Lit" tape collection. Think that's the album title.

mattav152, beachdude and coleslawed like this.
  22. Reeeally into this.

23. Lucas27

Trusted

Yeah I adore this song. Melancholy FIL already makes me happy. Happy FIL makes me dance involuntarily.

Carrow likes this.
  24. Spazzy McGee

Regular

From the Youtube premier of the single, Joey mentioned rolling out with 5 singles and easing into announcing the new album

sonder, mattav152 and Carrow like this.
  25. atlas

Trusted

there's also this

sonder, beachdude and Carrow like this.