Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

From Indian Lakes - Everything Feels Better Now (October 14, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Totally feel the Now, Now comparisons NPR was talking about.

I'm very into this track, but I think a lot of fans of this band want a return of the Able Bodies-era dynamics, and that's definitely not what this is.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i do to a point but i like this direction better than the last one

3. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

THIS IS SO GOOD

4. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Joey is so good at making the most out of small changes, and I'm personally much more interested in hearing him continue to explore this more subdued style of songwriting.

5. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

that is sso weird. never knew this was pretty much a solo outting.

i'll get behind anything that sounds like now, now.

6. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Lovvveee it. I've always preferred this sound to the more aggressive earlier songs

7. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

This will be perfect for ~October in Massachusetts~

Also, I've been waiting for a new Now, Now record for four years :\

ramres likes this.
  8. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

haven't we all

ramres likes this.
  9. shea

RIP Supporter

Kind of fell off the bandwagon for a while but I'll always check out anything Joey does. Sent me a replacement copy of the deluxe Able Bodies when mine got lost in the mail after it was sold out in their web store in the pre-Triple Crown days. Stand up dude.

10. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

man. love this new track.
    hope this is the tempo of most of the record. just a little quicker than Absent Sounds

11. ramres Aug 18, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 18, 2016)
    ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

Yeah, Joey's written and recorded everything himself as far as I know and the rest of the band are touring members. Love the track, preordered. I love evolution, so as much as I love the earlier stuff, I love the recent stuff just as much.

Also, I need new Now, Now too please.

12. momo32t

Trusted

Pre-orders are up. Is it safe to say that the 180g white variant will be the most rare?

13. cwhit

yes that one is
    but it's white so i'm passing on it, hah

14. momo32t

Trusted

Haha totally understandable, the lime green and pink look good. I figure that since I have transparent versions of Able Bodies and Absent Sounds, white is a solid upgrade. It's at least consistent with the Wanderer 10" EP.

15. cwhit

white vinyl is actually amongst the worst sounding colors and transparent (though i'm sure yours have splatter) sounds best, haha.

16. momo32t

Trusted

Well, I managed to get that wrong. It'll pair nicely with my white vinyl of Acceptance's Phantoms lol

cwhit likes this.
  17. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

I like this song immediately more than most of Absent Sounds

18. cwhit

yup, i feel the same
    relistened to absent sounds today and it's good but still doesn't hit me as close as able bodies did
    this is off to a great start

RobbieBerns likes this.
  19. jorbjorb

7 rings

fackin so good

20. Absent Sounds >>>>>> Able Bodies and it's not really close imo

Got serious Now, Now vibes before I even read the description, glad to see I'm not alone on that. Definitely does the sound well, though I am most excited to hear the even quieter and more atmospheric moments that the album will undoubtedly contain

21. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

got the White. not feeling the pink or lime green

momo32t likes this.
  22. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

oh man i really love this song!

23. In love with that pink variant but I really shouldn't be spending more money on vinyl right now

24. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

This isn't really true. All vinyl starts out transparent and then the dye is added to it; this includes black or white or any other color so there's really not much difference. I have a few white discs in my collection and they sound great, and I have some standard black ones that don't. Depends on the quality of the press, not the color.

25. My copy of Dealer is white and is one of my best sounding records for sure

teebs41 likes this.