Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

From Indian Lakes - Dimly Lit (October 18th, 2019) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ImAMetaphor, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Lucas27

Trusted

5 for freaking 5.

That video for "Garden Bed" is unbelievably beautiful too. Got chills.

2. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

did not know this was coming out?

Cameron likes this.
  3. casserole

Live stream of the new album on IG right now

beachdude and Cameron like this.
  4. Pretty cool of him buuuuut I’m good without my first experience with this being an iPhone video recording of his record player

beachdude and Lucas27 like this.
  5. Lucas27

Trusted

Agreed.

6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah same with Jimmy Eat World, I’m just gonna wait til tomorrow.

7. atlas

Trusted

drip drip

I’m through track 12 and it’s absolutely beautiful

beachdude and Lucas27 like this.
  8. atlas

Trusted

The stretch from Almost There to Faces is honestly unreal, some of his weirdest but also most gorgeous stuff he’s ever made

The singles for this were awesome and don’t even come close to doing this album justice

9. Lucas27

Trusted

If this is true this might end up being my favorite FIL album. And Able Bodies is an all-timer for me.

10. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

my ears are ready, can it be tomorrow already? This is easily my most anticipated for the rest of the year

11. this feels like its on a whole new level than anything he’s done before. what a massive album.

atlas likes this.
  12. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

This is amazing so far. I only got through Garden Bed on my commute but wow even just the first half of this thing is stacked with fantastic songs. Its all so dreamy and flows together so nicely. And I always love Joey's whispery singing voice over weird electronic elements. It works so well here. Also really loving the features. Awesome seeing Miri from Queen of Jeans on a few of these, Nandi from Half Waif and I'm really anticipating the Lynn Gunn song on the second half of this.

casserole likes this.
  13. azzy01

Regular

This is fantastic. At 60 mins and 16 tracks it may appear to be too long, but every song is great and everything flows really well together. The atmosphere is really immersive and fully sucks the listener in.

I really can't see any other album this year topping this for me.

Spazzy McGee and mattav152 like this.
  14. atlas

Trusted

Yeah I was worried about this being too long but I could honestly listen to two albums worth of this style and not get bored. He absolutely killed it

the Lynn Gunn feature on Did We Change is fantastic

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  15. casserole

It’s incredible I can’t wait to spend more time with it

16. OptionParalysis

Yup first listen was fantastic and can’t wait to digest it all. Way more impactful than EFBN too

17. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Forgot this came out today, excited to listen!

18. tvck

Trusted

so good. such a lush album

19. The_Pioneer

Regular

I held off from all the singles till today and got through about half of it this morning on my commute. This album is DENSE. There’s a ton going on to dig into. I kinda wish the vocals were a little higher in the mix, but maybe I’ll get used to it.

...but Garden Bed, though! You guys weren’t joking about it being great!

jpmalone4 and coleslawed like this.
  20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

This is so nice

coleslawed likes this.
  21. Lucas27

Trusted

Unreal album. First listen was at the end of a long drive and I was trying not to fall asleep at the wheel. Truly trippy, but I live.

22. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Upon first full listen, this feels like it has a little more energy than EFBN even though I am missing some of the full kit drum stuff.

23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Some of the sounds he produces on this are crazy

coleslawed likes this.
  24. atlas

Trusted

The outro of I Feel The Same is already one of my favorite moments of his catalog

25. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Man, Joey did it again, didn’t he? This feels like it’s a step above everything else in what is arguably one of if not the most underrated discographies out there.

thenewmatthewperry and Lucas27 like this.